Deutscher Akademischer Auslander Dienst
(DAAD)[German Academic Exchange Service] Inter-university Partnerships
http://www.daad.de/portrait/en/1.7_land.html?id=100 (Homepage for Myanmar)
(Homepage for the six scholarships available for Myanmar citizens)
http://www.daad.de/deutschland/foerderung/stipendiendatenbank/00462.en.html (Scholarship database)
http://www.daad.de/deutschland/download/03118.en.html (many application forms)
PLEASE NOTE: for official information, specific details, and updated deadlines and instructions, please check the organization’s website and current application forms; if you have problems or questions, please contact us.
- Check to see the deadlines at your institution that is a partner in this network
This is basically a type of exchange program. If your university is in their network, then you have access to other universities. You should ask your university if they participate in the DAAD Inter-university Partnership scheme. If so, you should arrange to get specific information from them about what kinds of exchange are available.
- Objective: Various kinds of support are available for foreign members of universities within the framework of inter-university partnerships. These partnerships are essentially built on formal agreements reached between two higher education institutions or their management and provide long-term exchange and cooperation measures. Details on academic cooperation as well as the exchange of students, lecturers, professors and researchers are governed in these cooperation agreements, which also define funding responsibilities.
- Value: The German higher education institutions have various sources at their disposal from which they can gain support for partnerships.
- Country-specific information, dates and deadlines, application address and advice
- Interested parties should inquire at their home higher education institution as to whether any firm partnerships with German higher education institutions are in place within whose framework a stay in Germany could be funded.
- The promotion of an inter-University partnership does not exclude the promotion of “Bilateral DAAD Programmes for Co-operative Research Grants” or the “Bilateral Exchange of Academics”.
Eligibility and Restrictions:
- Depends on university
Depends on university.
Depends on university.