Hong Kong University Scholarships for International Students
PLEASE NOTE: for official information, specific details, and updated deadlines and instructions, please check the organization’s website and current application forms; if you have problems or questions, please contact us.
- December 15 [20013 for academic year 20014/20015 starting in Semptember]
- About this scholarship program the University of Hong Kong (HKU) says: “we are also prepared to give full or partial scholarships for the top students admitted to HKU (according to academic achievement). This is partly to reward such students for all their hard work over their school years and partly to ensure that many of the top students come to HKU”.
- The full scholarships are worth nearly US$40,000, and these are payable each year of your three year undergraduate degree assuming that you make good academic progress as you go from year to year at HKU. The full scholarships will cover fees for the whole of your 3 year degree, as well as paying for accommodation in Hong Kong and giving you some living expenses.
- Thirty scholarships of a maximum value of HK$300,000 each will be awarded to academically outstanding students
- The award is for 3 years (i.e. maximum value of HK$100,000 each year) and is renewable each year on the basis of academic results obtained in the 1st and 2nd year studies at HKU
- In some cases, HKU may offer you a partial scholarship, which may vary from HK$20,000 to HK$50,000 per year.
Eligibility and Restrictions:
- Applicants should not be Hong Kong Permanent Residents
- Applicants should have at least part of secondary education received outside Hong Kong
- Applicants must apply for undergraduate admission in September to the University of Hong Kong through the Non-JUPAS Admission Scheme
- Selection for awards is based on academic merits
- Download the application form at: http://www.hku.hk/admission/scholarships.htm
- Completed scholarship application and the Non-JUPAS Application for Undergraduate Admission, together with all supporting documents, shall be submitted by mail or in person to HKU
- Applicants may be required to submit additional information and conduct face-to-face or telephone interview
- Results will be announced from February 20014 onwards via email and mail
- Awards will only be confirmed when selected candidates are offered admission to undertake undergraduate studies at HKU in September 20014