Singapore Tuition Grant Scheme
PLEASE NOTE: for official information, specific details, and updated deadlines and instructions, please check the organization’s website and current application forms; if you have problems or questions, please contact us.
- Refer to the enrolment letter which can be found in your matriculation package for details on the application period or refer to your university website (look for Tuition Grant Scheme or Subsidized fees). You can usually apply at the same time when applying for university
- The Tuition Grant Scheme (TGS) was introduced by the Singapore Government to subsidize the high cost of tertiary education in Singapore. The Ministry of Education pays part of your tuition fees; it is therefore a partial grant.
Eligibility and Restrictions:
- The TGS is currently open to students enrolled for full time undergraduate/diploma courses (subject to guidelines under existing policy)
- You have to study at one of these institutions in Singapore: National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Management University, Singapore Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Temasek Polytechnic, Nanyang Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, LaSalle College of the Arts and Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
- All non-Singaporean students (including Singapore Permanent Residents), are required to sign an agreement in which they will be contractually obliged to work in Singapore for a minimum period of 3 years upon graduation (you’ll be allowed to defer you TG bond as long as you have gained admission to a course in an academic institutions for further studies, either in Singapore or overseas)
- You have to provide 2 sureties. They must be above 21 and below 65 years of age and they must not be un-discharged bankrupt
- Students and sureties are jointly and severally liable to pay the Liquidated Damages if the student did not complete serving their TG bonds and did not receive approval from the Ministry of Education for the early release
- You apply separately to the university and to the Tuition Grant Scheme. More or less in the same period
- Application for TGS can only be done online at: http://sam11.moe.gov.sg/tass/menu/index.htm
- The online application requires 15 minutes
- The following information is required to complete the online form: the student’s personal information and contacts and the two sureties’ personal information and contacts
- Application details should be printed for future reference
as requested in online application or by university