Japan International Cooperation Center (JICE)
PLEASE NOTE: For official information, specific details, and updated deadlines and instructions, please check the organization’s website and current application forms. If you have any problems or questions, please contact us.
Application deadline: 20 Dec 2013
The Japanese Grant Aid for Human Resource Development Scholarship (JDS) Program has been started in Myanmar since 2001-2002. Up to now, a total of 237 fellows have been sent to Japan under the program.
The purpose of the JDS Program is to support human resources development of Myanmar, targeting highly capable, young government officials and others who are expected to engage in formulating and implementing social and economic development plans and to become leaders in the 21st century by means of accepting them in Japanese universities as JDS fellows.
The JDS Program is now inviting potential young government officials to master degree programs at Japanese accepting universities for the academic year 2013-2014. The program will be instructed in English. The number of dispatches is 22.
The following universities in Japan for 6 fields of study are set as the accepting universities:
- Public Policy and Administration
- International Relations
- Agricultural Policy
- Information and Communication Technology
Eligibility and Restrictions:
An eligible applicant must:
- Be a citizen of Myanmar;
- Be between the age of 22 and 40 as of 1 Apr 2012;
- Work at a government organization and be nominated by his/her organization;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree;
- Have good proficiency in English (with a TOEFL score of 500 or its equivalent);
- Be in good mental and physical health;
- Must not be serving in the military;
- Must not have received or be scheduled to receive another scholarship from a foreign country;
- Must not have obtained a Master’s degree under the support of a foreign scholarship.
Applicants are required to prepare a concrete research plan upon application. It is highly recommended to read “University Information” closely to make sure if the university has curriculums and faculty members relevant to your research plan. Applicants can acquire more information in the website of each university or visit JICE JDS Project Office.
The research plan should be in connection with the social and economic development issues of Myanmar, the program of applying university and the future career plan in the belonging organization.
Please refer to ‘Guideline for Writing a Research Plan’ in the Application Guideline for detail.
For more information, please contact:
JICE JDS Project Office in Myanmar
Lobby Floor, Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon (formerly Hotel Nikko)
No. 40 Natmauk Road
Phone: 01-549 977, 01-544 500 (ex.6257)
Monday to Friday 9:00 to 12:00, 14:30 to 17:00