PLEASE NOTE: For official information, specific details, and updated deadlines and instructions, please check the organization’s website and current application forms. If you have problems or questions, please contact us.
Application deadline: 10 February 2013
The Kearny Alliance focuses on four interlinked programmatic areas, namely: livelihood development and job creation through exports; trade-related education and skills training; and trade policy research.
Bright, motivated individuals who have a keen interest in international trade, commerce, and communication are encouraged to apply for this comprehensive scholarship, skills training, and career development program.
To provide bright motivated individuals a quality international education and comprehensive career development opportunities for graduate and undergraduate study in trade-related fields in communication, business and international commerce.
Kearny Alliance offers full stipend support. The following costs will be covered at a basic level:
- Academic tuition and mandatory fees for the duration of the course, including examination costs.
- A monthly stipend for room and board, and living expenses sufficient for a single student.
- Basic medical insurance for the duration of study.
- Support for educational supplies and materials.
- Transport for the student to travel one time from their home to the campus and to return at the end of the program.
- All costs related to securing and maintaining a student visa for the duration of study.
Eligibility and Restrictions:
Awards for Graduate and Undergraduate study are available for qualified, selected applicants from Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, and Myanmar:
- MA Journalism at Hong Kong Baptist University
- MBA at De La Salle University in Manila, Philippines
- MS Development Communication at University of the Philippines in Los Banos
- MS Development Economics at University of the Philippines in Diliman
IMPORTANT NOTE: Scholar undertaking requirement
One of our goals is to give Scholars a solid career foundation in a trade-related field to help Scholars develop marketable skills and contribute to our mission. To that end, each Scholar is required to sign a binding Memorandum of Understanding that requires the Scholar to undertake – if a posting is offered – a summer internship and / or work for a period of two years upon graduation with Global Sources or the Kearny Alliance in a role and geographic location paid at local market rates.
Application materials required:
- Cover letter stating program and school applied for, and objective
- Resume stating work experience and education achievement
- One academic and one professional letter of reference
- Copies of transcripts, and any official English language exams results (eg., TOEFL or IELTS)
- Scanned copy of your passport photo page, if available; Do not include visa pages
Important note for APSC applicants:
If you have already applied for a scholarship through APSC, please do not reapply. The APSC team will advise us in confidence of suitable candidates for Kearny Alliance scholarships.