Master of Public Health Scholarship
PLEASE NOTE: For official information, specific details, and updated deadlines and instructions, please check the organization’s website and current application forms. If you have problems or questions, please contact us.
This program was established to support medical practitioners from Myanmar to pursue Master’s degrees in Public Health or Master’s degrees in Health Social Science at universities within Thailand or the Philippines.
Applicants are advised to apply to both the university and the scholarship program as early as possible. Applications sent after the appropriate deadline will be automatically disqualified.
- Scholarship application deadline: Friday, 6 January 2013
- Mahidol University’s Master of Public Health deadline: 31 January 2013
- Mahidol University’s Master of Health Social Science deadline: 31 March 2013
- Thammasat University’s Master of Public Health deadline: 31 March 2013
- Chulalongkorn University’s Master of Public Health (In House) deadline: 1 March, 2013
- University of the Philippines deadline (all programs): 28 February 2013
Eligibility and Restrictions:
- Applicants must be Myanmar Nationals
- Students are required to contribute part of the overall costs personally or from another source
- Students must attend on a full time basis and agree to complete the program within its normal duration
- Participants are required to maintain student status throughout the time of the grant and abide by all the terms and conditions as outlined in a contract letter to be signed by the grantee
- Applicants must independently apply to, and be accepted by, one of the university programs listed on the application
- Click here to download the scholarship application, or request the scholarship application by email from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At the same time, please visit the university websites listed at the top of this page to obtain the university applications.
- Students should email their applications and additional required materials to:
U Soe Lay
Telephone: +95 (0) 1502884
Please include one copy of the following documents with your completed application. All official documents must be accompanied by an English translation.
- A copy of the official letter of admission from the academic institution (if not available, explain why);
- The official letter informing you of the details of the scholarship or financial aid award (if separate from the above);
- Copies of your current and all additional academic transcripts (if not available, explain why);
- Copy of the identifying pages of your passport, and Thai visa or other official I.D. (if no documents are available, please attach a short explanation);
- Two reference letters: one from an academic advisor (including information on other funds received from your school, if applicable) and the other from a non-family member who is familiar with your work and potential.
- Please include in your application any additional information you feel may be helpful in the evaluation of your case.
PLEASE NOTE: Omission of one or more of the documents mentioned above renders your application incomplete and will result in disqualification of the application. In the event that a document becomes available only after you submit your application, please indicate this on your application and send the missing document as soon as it becomes available.