Welcome to Myanmar Study Abroad (MSA)
This website provides information about scholarships, universities, and recommended courses for students from Myanmar (Burma) who aspire to study at a university abroad.
Latest Scholarship News
Take a look at the latest scholarships available for Burmese students, along with news and important information.
2017 Dr. Goh Keng Swee Scholarship in SingaporePosted on: January 3, 2017
The Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is offering to 3 to 4 outstanding individuals from 15 Asia Pacific economies (Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar) to pursue undergraduate studies at local universities in Singapore.
• Concurrently apply for admission to National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU) and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). Most courses (except for specialized courses like Medicine) will be considered. Applicants should adhere to the university’s admission deadlines and guidelines;
• Demonstrate leadership qualities and possess good academic and co-curricular activities (CCA) achievements;
• Have sat for, or made private arrangements to sit for the SAT; (for more information on SAT and registration for the test, please refer to the College Board website)
The scholarship supports a maximum of 4 years of undergraduate study (including Honours). It provides the following:
• Tuition and other compulsory fees;
• Airfare (to Singapore and return to home country upon completion of study);
• Annual maintenance allowance of SGD6500;
• Hostel allowance based on institution of study; and
• Settling-in allowance (one-off expense) of SGD200 upon arrival in Singapore.
The scholarship award will be reviewed annually and is subjected to satisfactory performance and academic results.
Successful candidates will be required to work for 3 years upon the completion of their studies in either:
1. An approved company in Singapore; or
2. An approved Singapore-based company in their home country
The deployment of scholarship holders to serve their bonds will be determined by the Dr GKS Scholarship Fund.
How to Apply
- Please submit your application at https://www.gksscholarship.sg/ no later than March 10, 2017 at 23:59, Singapore time (UTC+08:00).
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to take an online personality profiling test in Mar/Apr 2017.
- Applicants selected to attend the final interview are encouraged to travel to Singapore in end–May 2017. The trip will be at the applicants’ own expense. If applicants are unable to travel to Singapore, alternative arrangements will be made.
ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship in Singapore in 2017Posted on: January 3, 2017
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) offers the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships for citizens or permanent residents from the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN), except Singapore.
ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration on condition that the scholarship holder maintains a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
1. Subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) will be fully covered.
2. Living allowance of S$5,800 per academic year.
3. No bond is attached to the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
How to Apply
The same application period for admissions applies. Admission is now open but deadlines are varied, so please go to the admission website here. Scholarships are awarded based on competition among shortlisted candidates.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview.
Nagoya University Global 30 Undergraduate ScholarshipPosted on: January 3, 2017
Nagoya University Global 30 Undergraduate Scholarship offers to international students to pursue their undergraduate in Nagoya University, Japan.
- Tuition: The tuition will be fully-covered for 4 years.
- Registration fee: The scholarship recipient also needs to pay this fee, but it will be reimbursed in form of monthly installment within the first year.
- Annual Stipend: The total of JPY500,000 will be provided every year for personal expenses
*Application fee will not be covered by the scholarship. Therefore, all applicants need to pay the application fee by the respective deadline.
Admissions Related Documents
How to Apply
Please submit the scholarship application form together with your program application documents via the online admissions system. Please see the instructions below and submit the scholarship application form by the respective application deadline:
- Download the Scholarship Application Form
- Print and fill out the form
- Scan the completed application form and income statement separately, and save them to your computer.
- Log in to Online Application System
- Upload the scanned application form and income statement
Timeline for 2017 Admissions (in Japan Time)
Category: First Round & Second Round
Online Admission System available: December 1, 2016 at 9:00 & February 1, 2017 at 9:00
Application deadline: December 26, 2016 at 16:00 & February 22, 2017 at 16:00
Primary screening result announcement: February 8, 2017 & April 5, 2017
Final decision announcement: April 4, 2017 & May 22, 2017
Registration fee payment deadline: May 8, 2017 at 16:00 & June 12, 2017 at 16:00
Note: There will be no Second Round for the Social Sciences Program and the Japan-in-Asia Cultural Studies Program.
Nagao Natural Environment Foundation (NEF) Scholarship in ASEANPosted on: January 3, 2017
The NEF Scholarship Programmes offers financial supports to those students who are willing to study the subjects related to the natural environment but not have enough financial resources for university level studies. Through the Programmes, the NEF aims to develop human resources in developing countries of Southeast Asia who understand natural science and intend to work in the field of the nature conservation in the future. The programmes do not offer any supports for studying abroad.
Applicants eligible for scholarship
• Residents of Myanmar
• University students, opting for an undergraduate, a master’s and doctor’s course related to the nature conservation (biology, forestry, etc.) in Myanmar.
In principle, from the selected time period until graduation. (five years for undergraduate students, two years for master’s students, and three years for doctoral students)
- Undergraduates 3,000 Japanese yen per month
- Postgraduates 7,000 Japanese yen per month
Forest Resource Environment Development and Conservation Association (FREDA)
U Sann Lwin, Secretary (Finance)
Forest Resource Environment Development and Conservation Association
Suite 707, MWEA Tower, 288/290, Shwedagon Pagoda Road, Dagon Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Graduate Scholarships at Central European UniversityPosted on: January 3, 2017
The Central European University in Budapest is an internationally recognized institution of postgraduate education established by George Soros and supported by the Open Society Foundations. It is accredited in the United States and Hungary.
Applications are now being accepted for master’s and doctoral scholarships at Central European University. Graduate students and faculty from around the world come together in Budapest to engage in interdisciplinary education, pursue advanced scholarship, and address some of society’s most vexing problems.
The University provides a variety of scholarships and research grants for which applicants from any country are eligible to apply.
Academic areas and programs include the following:
2. Cognitive science
4. Environmental sciences and policy
5. Gender studies
7. International relations
8. Legal studies
9. Mathematics and its applications
10. Medieval studies
11. Nationalism studies
12. Network science
14. Political science
15. Public policy
16. Sociology and social anthropology
For more information about available financial aid, funding options, and research grants, visit the Central European University website.
Deadline: February 1, 2017
2017, Doctoral Full Scholarships in Computer Science and Information SystemsPosted on: January 3, 2017
The Graduate School of Applied Statistics, National Institute of Development Administration is now accepting applications for International applicants to study in Ph.D. Programs in Computer Science and Information Systems for the academic year 2017. A limited number of full scholarships are available. The scholarship includes tuition fee exemption plus stipend for 3 years of study.
Study Subject: Computer Science and Information Systems
Eligibility: Received Master Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related fields.
How to Apply: By email to email@example.com
Application Deadline: April 1, 2017
2017 Graduate Scholarships at Kasetsart University in ThailandPosted on: December 28, 2016
The Graduate School, Kasetsart University is offering graduate scholarships for international students. These scholarships are available for pursuing Double or Joint Degree Programs for the academic year 2017-2018.
The scholarship is available under the double or joint Degree programs, in order to support the publication of students’ theses in international journals, and to help graduate students to acquire research experience.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to subjects all the subjects offered by the University.
Scholarship Award: Selected students are eligible to obtain a tuition fee waiver from their study program, together with a monthly allowance at the rate specified below:
1) Master’s degree students: 8,000 Baht per month, throughout their study period at Kasetsart University but not in excess of two (2) years.
2) Doctoral degree students: 10,000 Baht per month, throughout their study period at Kasetsart University but not in excess of three (3) years.
How to Apply: Students who want to apply for the scholarship must complete application form and send and submit them with pertinent documents to the Scholarship Unit by post.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2017.
2017 GIGA Scholarships for International Students at Keio University in JapanPosted on: December 28, 2016
The Keio University Faculty of Policy Management and the Faculty of Environment and Information Studies offer two scholarships for exceptional students accepted through Admissions for Overseas Students (GIGA Program). Apply for these scholarships the same time you apply for the GIGA Program. Students who complete the course are awarded a Bachelor of Arts in Environment and Information Studies.
How to Apply: If students decide to apply for the scholarships, they may register from the Admission Web Entry System of Admissions for Overseas Students (GIGA Program).
Mentor Mitakai Scholarship for International Students Details: 2017 GIGA Mentor application guide
Mastada Kobayashi Scholarship for International Students Details: 2017 GIGA Kobayashi application guide
Application Deadline: February 13, 2017.
2017 Scholarships for Undergraduate Studies at Lingnan University in Hong KongPosted on: December 28, 2016
Lingnan University offers undergraduate programmes in Arts, Business Administration and Social Sciences.
Successful applicants will be awarded one of the following scholarships:
- Full Scholarship (covering tuition, hostel and partial academic and living expenses)
- Tuition Scholarship
- Half-tuition Scholarship
Online Application System:
Non-local Student Scholarships: Leaflet
Application Deadline: March 30, 2017.
The 2017 Thailand’s Education Hub for ASEAN Country (TEH-AC) Scholarship Awards for Master’s & Ph.d StudiesPosted on: December 23, 2016
ASEAN students at Prince of Songkla University (PSU), the Graduate School would like to announce the application for the Scholarship Awards for Master’s & Ph.d Studies: Thailand’s Education Hub for ASEAN Country (TEH-AC) Scholarship as follows:
Number of Grants:
Doctoral Degree/ Master’s Degree 100 Grants
Duration of Grants:
Doctoral Degree 3 years
Master’s Degree 2 years
The individual Scholarship Includes:
1) Monthly allowance of 8000- 10000 Baht.
2) Tuition fees as charged by the University.
3) Cost of (economy class) travel between the scholar’s country of origin and Thailand
1) A copy of English proficiency certificate (valid within 2 years) with a minimum
TOEFL – Paper Based score of 500 or Computer Based score of 173 or Internet Based score of 61 or Institutional Testing Program score of 520
IELTS score of 5.0
2) Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3) Transcript of the highest degree gained as well as a transcript of the Bachelor’s degree
4) Research description/ plan in English (about 800 words)
5) Medical Certificate
6) A copy of Passport
1) Application Period: January 10th -February 28th 2017
2) Decision made by the committee: April 2017
3) Announcement of scholars approved by the Graduate School: April 2017
4) Document of obligation signed by Students: August 2017
Please visit website at http://www.grad.psu.ac.th/index.php
2017- 2018 Master of Human Rights and Democratization (Asia Pacific Regional Program)Posted on: December 5, 2016
The Master of Human Rights and Democratization (Asia Pacific) (APMA Program), hosted at Mahidol University’s Institute of Human Rights and Peace Studies (IHRP), is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 Academic Year. 20 scholarship positions are available for applicants from the Asia Pacific region.
1 APRIL 2017: First Round (for Scholarship and Non-scholarship Applicants)
30 MAY 2017: Second Round (for Non-scholarship Applicants only)
Details of the APMA Program and Admission-Scholarship Criteria and Forms are available at: http://bit.ly/APMA2017.
For enquiries, please contact the APMA Program Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Shanghai University scholarshipPosted on: November 30, 2016
This scholarship provided by Shanghai government for international students studying in Shanghai, is in three types: A, B, C.
Type A, exclusively for those who study for Master’s or Doctoral degrees, is full scholarship, including tuition, free accommodation, accident insurance, allowance for living.
Type B, only for those who study for degrees, is partial scholarship, only including tuition.
Type C is one-time scholarship, 4000 RMB or 8000 RMB, provided for those who have excellent achievements in their study, either long-term learners or those for degrees.
- Bachelor’s degree programs
- Master’s degree programs (except MBA and MTCSOL*)
Note: MBA is short for Master of Business Administration;MTCSOL refers to Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages.
3. Doctoral degree programs
- a waiver of tuition fee
- free on-campus dormitory accommodation
- Stipend: Bachelor: RMB 1100/ month; Master: RMB 1700/ month; PhD: RMB 2100/ month
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
- a waiver of tuition fee
- Free on-campus dormitory accommodation
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China
Schooling & Duration:
- Bachelor’s Degree Program: 4 to 5 years
- Master’s degree programs: 2 to 3 years
- Doctoral degree programs: 3 to 4 years
Scholarship Application Materials
|ID photo: one-inch certificate photo (390*570) with blue-color background|
|CSC or SGS Scholarship Application form: Download after you finish your online application|
|Highest Degree Certificate and Transcripts: Notarized in English or Chinese|
|Language Proficiency Certificate:
HSK Certificate is required for Chinese-taught programs:
HSK 4 above 180 Art/ BA of Chinese Language; HSK 4 above 195 for Science or Engineering; HSK 4 above 210 for Economics or Management; HSK 5 above 180 for Humanities.
IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL IBT 80 or above for English-taught programs
|Supervisor Acceptance Letter:|
|Study Plan or Research Proposal in China: Written in English or Chinese, including research achievements so far, reasons of choosing SHU, study and research plan, future career plan, etc.|
|Two Letters of Recommendation: Written in English or Chinese by two different professors or associate professors from previous academic institutions, or work supervisors, etc.|
|Others (Refer to Departmental standards): Examples of Artworks (6 color pictures) or Music Work (1 audio tape) (Only for the applicants applying for Fine Arts and Music)|
The application deadline is April 15, 2017.
Visit http://www.apply.shu.edu.cn/sys/web/Scholarships.asp for detail
2017-2018 Edinburgh Global Online Distance Learning Master’s ScholarshipPosted on: November 29, 2016
The University of Edinburgh is offering 4 scholarships for distance learning Masters programmes.
Eligible Field of Study
Scholarships will be available for students commencing in session 2017-18 any distance learning Masters programme offered by the University.
Each scholarship will cover full tuition fees and will be tenable for three years.
The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
Eligible applicants should complete an online application.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
Application Deadline: 2nd June 2017
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of July 2017.
2017 Japan Foundation United Nations University JFUNU Scholarship for PhD studentsPosted on: November 29, 2016
The Japan Foundation for United Nations University (JFUNU) Scholarship is available for PhD students in the field of Science in Sustainability, Development, and Peace at United Nations University ISP, Japan.
- covers the full tuition fees
- monthly allowance of 150,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months
- travel costs to and from Japan
- visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs
How to Apply: Apply Online
Application Deadline: 28th April 2017
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for Details
2017 Global Youth Leadership Scholarship Program in CanadaPosted on: November 25, 2016
The Global Youth Leaders Certificate is a three-week education program offered at Coady Institute. This program enables young development practitioners from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities.
This program is targeted to young leaders (20-30 years old) from developing countries who are working on development issues. Priority is given to people who:
- Possess a minimum of two years of demonstrated experience in social, environmental or economic development in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, and the rights of girls and women;
- Have great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;
- Are practitioners in civil society organizations including community-based organizations and not-for-profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business; and
- Have strong oral and written English language competencies.
Program will be started from September 18 – October 6, 2017.
Application Deadline: February 13, 2017
Course description- global youth leaders
More information, please visit website at
2017- 2018 The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) Entry ScholarshipsPosted on: November 23, 2016
PolyU is pleased to announce that Entry Scholarship is available for new applicants who have excellent academic results.
- Fashion and Textiles
- Design to Humanities
- Hotel and Tourism Management
The Entry Scholarship (up to HKD 640,000 for full time study) covers all tuition fees, accommodation fee and a portion of living expenses.
- Apply online via the eAdmission portal poly.edu.hk/admission
- Upload all supporting documents and pay the application fees of HKD 450
- PolyU will review your application and arrange an online interview if necessary
- Successful applicants will receive an offer or a conditional offer. You may also check the progress of your application via the eAdmission portal
Working during studies
- Students are allowed to work on campus for no more than 20 hours per week throughout the year.
- During summer months, students are allowed to work off campus with no work hour limit.
- Early admission round is due on 25 November 2016
- Main round admission is due on 16 January 2017
Learn more about PolyU, please visit website at www.polyu.edu.hk/international
2017-2018 The Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK) Entrance ScholarshipsPosted on: November 23, 2016
The Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK) is pleased to announce that the application for the September 2017 intake is now open.
Different types of entrance scholarships available for overseas students include:
- HKSAR Government scholarship Fund: Targeted Scholarship Scheme (for ASEAN countries)
- EdUHK Entrance Scholarship Scheme
- Full Scholarship: covers tuition fee, accommodation fee and living expense
- Tuition Scholarship: provided full tuition fee
- Half Tuition Scholarship: covers half of the tuition fee
- Faculty-base entrance scholarship
- Creative Arts and Culture (Music/ Visual Arts)
- Language Studies (Chinese/ English)
- English Language (Secondary)
- Special Education
- Global and Environmental Studies
- Business, Accounting & Financial Studies
- Early Childhood Education
- Physical Education
- Mathematics/ General Studies (Primary)
- Mathematics (Secondary)
- Information and Communication Technology (Secondary)
- Check out the programme details and entrance requirements on eduhk.hk/acadprog/
- Submit application with supporting documents, such as academic qualification, recommendation, awards, personal statement etc. via www.eduhk.hk/acadprog/online/
- Shortlisted applicants are invited to attend online admission/scholarship interview when appropriate
- Email notification on admission and /or scholarship offer
Application deadline: 31 May
Application Website: www.eduhk.hk/re/
2017 Suranaree University of Technology (SUT) PhD Scholarship Program for ASEANPosted on: November 9, 2016
The SUT-Ph.D. Scholarship Program for ASEAN will be one definite step toward greater academic collaboration in the ASEAN Community. Nine scholarships will be granted to students or faculty members of higher education institutions in ASEAN countries to further the study of doctoral degrees study at SUT.
Field of study
- Agricultural Technology and Social Technology
Duration of Scholarships:
- Ph.D. scholarship for Bachelor degree holder: Five academic years
- Ph.D. scholarship for Master degree holder: Three academic years
- Tuition and all relevant fees
- Group 1: Monthly allowance of 11000 baht for the first two academic years and 13000 Baht thereafter
- Group 2: Monthly allowance of 13000 baht for there academic years
- Research budget of 250000 Baht for the Ph.D. Dissertation
- Reserved budget of 68000 Baht for activities relevant to the study for the duration of the scholarship at SUT (endorsed by the committee on a case basis)
Deadline for Submission: January 31st, 2017
Interview via Skype: April 20th, 2017
Result Announcement: May 5th, 2017
Entrance Scholarship Scheme for 2017-18 Entry at City University of Hong KongPosted on: November 8, 2016
CityU has an Entrance Scholarship Scheme for international students with excellent academic performance who are admitted to full-time government-funded bachelor’s degree programmes.
The Scheme offers three kinds of scholarships;
- Top Scholarships of HK$160,000 (approximately US$20,500), covering annual tuition fees, on-campus accommodation and living expenses
- Full Tuition Scholarships, covering annual tuition fees (approximately US$15,400)
- Half Tuition Scholarships, covering half of the annual tuition fees (approximately US$7,700).
Applicants do not have to apply for these scholarships. The appropriate level of scholarship is awarded based on merit. Students receiving it are required to attain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.2 or above every year during the period study for renewing the scholarship.
Entrance requirements and the programmes (2017) for International student are available on Admission Office website, with links as follows:
Early Application Deadline: 31 December 2016
Normal Application Deadline: 28 February 2017
DAAD Scholarships for Nationals of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam: August 2017 IntakePosted on: November 4, 2016
For the August 2017 Intake, the DAAD is going to offer up to 13 scholarships for candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam (CLV) countries to pursue Master’s degree at the AIT.
- Covers tuition and other academic fees
- Living allowances for a 22-month program.
The scholarships value is THB 937,800 per scholarship holder.
Fields of Study
The scholarships are available in the following fields of study offered at AIT:
School of Engineering and Technology (SET) – www.set.ait.asia
School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD) – www.serd.ait.asia
- Agricultural Systems and Engineering
- Aquaculture and Aquatic Resources Management
- Environmental Engineering and Management
- Food Engineering and Bioprocess Technology
- Gender and Development Studies
- Natural Resources Management
- Regional and Rural Development Planning
- Urban Environmental Management
• Integrated Tropical Coastal Zone Management
• Integrated Watershed Development and Management
• Modeling Tools in Environmental Resources and Management
• Disaster Preparedness, Mitigation and Management
Application deadline is 31 March 2017. Application forms can be downloaded from the AIT Admissions website. Completed application forms, with supporting documents should be submitted to the Admissions & Scholarship Unit.
Admissions and Scholarships Unit
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang
Pathumthani 12120, THAILAND
Admissions and Scholarships Unit
Asian Institute of Technology
50 Moo 9, Km. 42, Paholyothin Road
Pathumthani 12120, THAILAND
Tel: (662) 5245031-5033
Fax: (662) 524-6326
Graduate School of CAAS Scholarships in China, 2017Posted on: November 4, 2016
The Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (GSCAAS) is offering scholarships for international students in China to pursue master and doctoral programs.
Course Level: Master and Doctoral programs.
Study Subject: Natural Science, Engineering, Agriculture and Management Science.
- Application fee
- Master Student / Ph.D. Student: 600 Yuan/person
- Visiting Student/Senior Visiting Student: 400 Yuan/person
- Master Student / Visiting Student: 30,000 Yuan/person/year
- Ph.D. Student /Senior Visiting Student: 40,000 Yuan/person/year
The yearly tuition must be paid at the beginning of each academic year.
- Other Expenses
Applicants who apply for the Graduate School of CAAS Scholarship (GSCAASS) are required to submit application documents by December31th, 2016 for enrollment of spring semester and by April 30th, 2017 for enrollment of autumn semester.
Please visit the CAAS website at http://www.caas.net.cn/en.
Nanjing Government Scholarship at China Pharmaceutical University in China, 2017Posted on: November 3, 2016
Nanjing Government Scholarship is established by Nanjing government, Jiangsu province aiming to support more excellent international student to study and do scientific research in Nanjing. Entrusted by Nanjing government, China Pharmaceutical University recruits international students supported by the scholarship across the world.
Categories of Applicants and the Scholarship
|Categories of applicants||Scholarship||Duration|
|Bachelor||10000 RMB||One year|
|Master and PhD||20000 RMB||One year|
|Visiting student||5000 RMB||Half year|
Choices of Specialties
Please choose the most suitable program for you and the list of programs is available at http://international.cpu.edu.cn.
Master and doctoral applicants are encouraged to contact their prospective supervisors prior to application and are expected to enclose in their application package the relevant recommendation letters written by those supervisors.
Applicants are required to submit their application online and upload all the required documents at http://admission.cpu.edu.cn/apply
Date of Application: October 1, 2016 to June 15, 2017.
For further information, please visit to the web page:
China Pharmaceutical University Scholarship in China, 2017Posted on: November 3, 2016
Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program (CGS-CUP) is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) aiming to offer support in building international high level universities and promote Chinese higher education brand. Entrusted by MOE, China Pharmaceutical University recruits international graduate students supported by CGS-CUP across the world.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in various fields of study offered by the university.
Coverage of the scholarship
- Tuition waiver
- Accommodation: free university dormitory; CPU will accommodate scholarship students in university dormitory (usually twin room)
- Stipend: master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month; doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
- Master’s Degree Students- 3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Students- 3 academic years
Online application is required for all.
All applicants should visit
http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/inscholarship/jsp/student/StudentLogin.jsp to apply online.
Please select Chinese Government Scholarship and the agency No. is 10316.
In the meantime, applicants also need to submit online application from CPU application system http://admission.cpu.edu.cn/apply.
Deadline for Application: April 15, 2017
For more information, please visit
ASEAN Graduate Scholarship in SingaporePosted on: November 2, 2016
This scholarship is open to nationals of member countries of ASEAN* (except Singapore) to pursue a designated full-time Masters degree by coursework and dissertation.
Each scholarship is tenable for 1 year for subsidised Master of Science programmes.
Each scholarship shall cover the following:
- Tuition fee
- Monthly stipend of S$1,350.00
- Book allowance of S$500.00
- Miscelleanous Fees: Health insurance, Examination fee, Registration fee, IT facilities fee, and Copyright fee
Application deadline: 31 December 2016.
How to Apply, please see the following link;
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified latest by mid April.
2017-2018 Hong Kong Baptist University Undergraduate ScholarshipPosted on: October 26, 2016
Scholarship available for students from Myanmar.
The scholarship cover;
- full tuition costs
- basic living expenses
Students can choose to study in their desired Faculty/School/Academy.
Faculty of Arts
School of Business
School of Chinese Medicine
School of Communication
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Science
The Academy of Visual Arts
Online application for admission to 2017-2018 Undergraduate Degree programme will be on November 1, 2016 to February 28, 2017.
Please visit the website.
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) Fully-Funded International PhD in 2017Posted on: October 26, 2016
The program is designed for students to complete their studies in 4-5 years. All students making reasonable progress are fully funded until the time of their thesis defense.
- Computer Science
- Data Science & Computation
- Fully funded
- Internationally competitive salary levels
- Receive full social security coverage
- Financial support for students for attending scientific conferences and workshops
The deadline for PhD applications is January 8, 2017 11:59PM CET, for a start in September 2017.
Please refer to the detailed instructions.
For more information
Irish Aid Fellowships for Postgraduate Studies in Ireland, 2017-2018Posted on: October 24, 2016
The scholarship award covers course fees, required flights, accommodation (for out of country study), monthly allowances, insurance and other incidental expenses.
Course Level: Fellowships are awarded to undertake postgraduate studies at colleges and universities in Ireland.
Study Subject: development studies, rural development, health care, education and law
Application Deadline: 30th November 2016.
Application form- 2017 irish aid application form
Employer endorsement form- 2017 irish aid employer endorsemen form
Directory of eligible courses- 2017 irish aid directory of eligible courses
For more information- http://www.irishaidfellowships.ie/strands/fellowship-training-programme
Barry University Stamps Scholars Program, 2017Posted on: October 24, 2016
Barry University in Miami, Florida and the Stamps Scholars program are offering scholarships to talented student leaders to achieve their educational interests and develop their leadership skills.
- Courses offered by the university
- Open to the US citizens, residents, or international students
- Full Funding, scholarship for tuition, books, room and board, and transportation, $6,000 award for study abroad
Application period: October 1 2016- February 1, 2017
If you have any questions about the program, please email to BarryStamps@barry.edu
Please apply through your myBarry account once accepted to the University.
Learn more at http://StampsFoundation.org
Fully Funded Scholarships at National University of Singapore, 2017Posted on: October 21, 2016
Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at National University of Singapore (NUS) is offering fully funded scholarships. These scholarships are available to pursue masters or Ph.D. program in 2017.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing masters and Ph.D. programme at the Lee Kuan Yew School.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of public policy, public administration, and public management.
The scholarship covers;
- Full Tuition Fee
- Accommodation on campus
- One-time book & settling allowance
- Health Insurance
- One-time airfare from home country to Singapore and return
- Monthly stipend to cover the living expenses
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit an online application.
Application Deadline: 01 August 2016 until 15 December 2016.
2017 HM The King’s Scholarships and HM The Queen’s ScholarshipsPosted on: October 21, 2016
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) manages a number of Master’s level scholarships provided by the Royal Thai Government (RTG) to qualified candidates with excellent academic qualifications from Thailand and other Asian countries.
His Majesty the King’s Scholarships
Full Scholarship granted to qualified candidates with excellent undergraduate achievements from any Asian country to pursue a Master Degree any of the disciplines offered at School of Engineering and Technology (SET) and School of Management (SOM), AIT.
Her Majesty the Queen’s Scholarships
A Full scholarship granted to qualified candidates with excellent undergraduate achievements from any Asian country to pursue a master’s degree in environmental-related field offered at the School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD), AIT.
Application Deadline: 31 March 2017
Application forms, please see the web page.
Rangsit University International Program ScholarshipsPosted on: October 21, 2016
- Arthit Ourairat Scholarship (4 scholarships)
Students must have a High School GPA of at least 3.5 (or 3.75 for Vocational Certificate students, 3.5 for High Vocational Certificate students). The scholarship is for the credit and subsidy expense only. The scholarship period is equivalent to the curriculum duration.
- Prasit – Khunying Pattana Ourairat Scholarship (4 scholarships)
Students must have a High School GPA of no less than 3.0 (or no less than 3.25 for Vocational Certificate students, 3.0 for High Vocational Certificate students). The scholarship is for half of the credit and subsidy expenses only. The scholarship period is equivalent to the curriculum duration
Scholarship Application Calendar
Oct 25 – Nov 11, 2016 Apply for Scholarship (Online Application)
Nov 21 – Dec 2, 2016 Interview (Skype)
Dec 9, 2016 Announcement, Offer and Acceptance of Scholarship
Dec 19, 2016 Scholarship Contract Signing
Dec 19, 2016 Registration
For more information, please see the web page.
Louis Dreyfus-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarship and Leadership Programme at Oxford UniversityPosted on: October 21, 2016
The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £14,296). Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
- MSc in African Studies
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL)
- MPhil in Biodiversity, Conservation and Management
- MSc in Biodiversity, Conservation and Management
- MPhil in Comparative Social Policy
- MSc in Comparative Social Policy
- MSc in Computer Science
- MSc in Contemporary Chinese Studies
- MPhil in Development Studies
- MPhil in Economics
- MSc in Economics for Development
- MPhil in Environmental Change and Management
- MSc in Environmental Change and Management
- MPhil in Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation
- MSc in Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation
- MSc in Financial Economics
- MSc in Global Governance and Diplomacy
- MSc in Global Health Science
- MSc in International Health and Tropical Medicine
- MPhil in International Relations
- MPhil in Latin American Studies
- MSc in Latin American Studies
- MSc in Law and Finance
- Magister Juris (MJur)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MSc in Mathematical and Computational Finance
- MSc in Mathematical Modelling and Scientific Computing
- MSc in Mathematics and Foundations of Computer Science
- MPhil in Modern South Asian Studies
- MSc Modern South Asian Studies
- MPhil in Nature, Society and Environmental Governance
- MSc in Nature, Society and Environmental Governance
- MPhil in Politics (Comparative Government)
- MPhil in Politics (Political Theory)
- MSc in Politics Research
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- MSc in Refugee and Forced Migration Studies
- MSc in Social Science of the Internet
- MSc in Statistical Science
- MPhil in Tibetan and Himalayan Studies
- MPhil in Traditional East Asia
- MPhil in Water Science, Policy and Management
- MSc in Water Science, Policy and Management
Deadline: the relevant January deadline for your course (6 or 20 January 2017)
Interview: Skype in April 2017
For more information, including details of the leadership programme, please see the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme web page.
WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships for Nature ConservationPosted on: October 20, 2016
WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships (PBS) are Postgraduate Scholarships in Nature Conservation awarded to students from developing countries (Africa, Asia/Pacific, Latin America & Carribean, Eastern Europe & Middle East) to study in Netherlands or their home country.
Application deadline is the 6th of January 2017.
Applications should be submitted to the candidate’s nearest WWF or Associate Office.
The WWF Office Contacts for PBS: WWF pbs contacts
The 2017 Guidelines & Application Form: pbs information and application form
Scholarship for the Doctor of Philosophy Program in Development AdministrationPosted on: October 20, 2016
The National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA) is accepting enrollment and scholarship application for the Doctor of Philosophy Program in Development Administration.
Type 1. completely exempt from tuition and other fees during the scholarship period and receive a monthly stipend of 10000 baht.
Type 2. completely exempt from tuition fees during the scholarship period.
Type 3. exempt from half of tuition fees during the scholarship period.
Application period: September 1- November 30, 2016.
Please click for more information.
Thailand’s Education Hub for ASEAN Countries (TEH-AC) Scholarship at Prince of Songkla UniversityPosted on: October 20, 2016
Number of Grants
- Doctoral Degree and Master’s Degree 50 Grants
Duration of Grants
- Doctoral Degree 3 years
- Master’s Degree 2 years
- Monthly allowance of 8000-10000 baht
- Tuition fees as charged by the University
- Cost of (economic class) travel between the scholar’s country of origin and Thailand
Application period: October 10th-31st 2016
Application must be submitted online at http://www.grad.psu.ac.th/eng.
Please click for more information. 2-2016 PSU
United World Colleges, International Baccalaureate (IB) ProgramPosted on: October 20, 2016
Scholarship Available for Myanmar Students at the following United World Colleges:
UWC China located in Changshu Shi, Suzhou Shi, Jiangsu Sheng, China
Li Po Chun United World College (Hong Kong)
UWC Red Cross Nordic (Norway)
UWC South East Asia (Singapore)
UWC Mostar (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Robert Bosch UWC (Germany)
Deadline for application: 31st January 2017.
Graduate Scholarship Program at Sirindhorn International Institute Technology (SIIT)Posted on: September 29, 2016
Full tuition and educational fee
Economy Air Fare will be covered to study in the field of
Engineering subject related area at SIIT!
Deadline: 21 October 2016
For more information, please click here.
Application for Scholarship Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for Applicants Residing AbroadPosted on: September 16, 2016
15 December 2016 1:00P.M. Japan time for both April and fall
(September/October) 2017 Enrollment.
Application documents should be sent by email to the foundation.
Please click here for more information.
NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and EngineeringPosted on: September 16, 2016
The NGS Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.
Closing Date for Application
15 January 2017 for August 2017 ( AY2017/18 Semester 1) Intake.
For further quires, please click
MALAYSIAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP (MIS)Posted on: September 7, 2016
The Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Field of studies is in the following priority areas:
Science and Engineering
Agriculture and Fisheries
Economics and Islamic Finance
Information and Communication Technology
Biosecurity and Food Safety
Infrastructure and Utility
Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
Application Deadline: 15th September, 2016
For more information, please click the link.