Tianjin University (TJU) offers 111 master degree programs, and the term of Master Programs are fixed at 2-3 years. Among them, 26 master degree programs can be offered fully in English. The study period is respectively 2-3 years.
In addition, students from Chinese-instructed programs are required to reach Band 5 of Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages while students from English-instructed programs are required to reach Band 3 before graduation. Students majors in MTCSOL and Cross-Cultural Education are required to reach Band 6 before graduation. Please click here for Catalogue of Master Programs 2022.
- At present, Tianjin University mainly provides the following scholarships to outstanding international master program students.
Chinese Government Scholarship (type A)
- Applicants should apply through Chinese Embassies or Consulates in the home country. For contact information of Chinese embassies/consulates, please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China . The application usually starts from November to April next year. When filling the Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form, please choose Tianjin University as the first choice. Applicants shall get Pre-admission Notice or Acceptance Letter from TJU Supervisor before you apply to the Embassy. For application deadlines and other relevant information, please refer to the websites of Chinese embassies/consulates.
Chinese Government Scholarship (type B)
- Applicants need to submit the application through China Scholarship Council .(Tianjin University Agency Number is 10056, choose Type B).
- After finishing the application applicants need to download the form and submit it to Tianjin University application system.
- The application deadline is 15th March 2022.
Tianjin Government Scholarship (TGS)
- Tianjin Government Scholarship includes full and partial scholarships. The full TGS provides tuition fee subsidy, stipend and medical insurance, while the partial one only offers tuition fee subsidy. The scholarship has a duration of one academic year and could be applied year by year. Applicants need to download the form and submit it to ISSS. Click to download TGS Application Form.
- The application deadline is 15th June 2022.
Tianjin University Scholarship in School of Civil Engineering and Technology (TJUSSCET)
- TJUSSCET is sponsored by the School of Civil Engineering and Technology to support prospective international students to apply for English-instructed Master Programs of Civil Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, Ocean and Naval Structure Engineering. It includes full and partial.
- The full TJUSSCET provides tuition fee subsidy and stipend, while the partial only offers stipend. TJUSSCET has duration of two academic years, holders need to pass annual review. Applicants need to download the form and submit it to Tianjin University application system.
- The application deadline is 15th June 2022. Click to download TJUSSCET Application Form.
How to Apply
- Applicants should complete the Online Application Process on the International Student Service System (ISSS) （tju.at0086.cn/student）according to the application schedule.
- Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System.
- October 15, 2021 – June 15, 2022.
- Interviews will be arranged from April to July 2022 (The specific time will be notified).
- Admission results will be released in July 2022.
* Due to the limited quota, early application is strongly recommended.
Please upload the following documents to the application system.
- Scanned Copy of Highest Diploma. Scan copy of Pre-graduation Certificate is required if the applicant has not gained degree certificate before the application deadline. Once admitted, students are required to present their original Bachelor Degree Certificate with the Degree Authentication Document upon registration for enrollment qualification review. Students who fail the enrollment qualification review will be disqualified from enrollment.
- Scan of notarized copy of the academic transcripts. Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline must provide their current academic transcript. In this case, the completed academic transcripts must be submitted before registration.
- Photocopy of passport. Ordinary passport with valid period
- Chinese or English Proficiency Certificate.
- Study Experience Resume (The start and end time of each education experience must be uninterrupted, and education level should start from senior middle school). Click here to download Study Experience Resume template
- Study or Research Plan. At least 800 characters, in Chinese or English.
- Two Recommendation Letters in English or Chinese from two professors or associate professors (Please click to download the template).
- Acceptance Letter from TJU Supervisor. (Please click to download the template). . Remember to upload it to the application system if you get the Acceptance Letter. Please click here to get contacts of professors.
- Physical Examination Record for Foreigners. (Please click to download the template). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed and should be conducted after October, 2021.
- Applicants who are now in China must submit Scan of Photocopy of Visa and Transfer Certificate from present university.
- Scan of Non-Criminal Record or Student Performance Letter.
- Other Attachments.
- Scholarship applicants should submit Scholarship Application Form, applicants of School of Architecture are requested to submit E-work Collection and Video Presentation, self-sponsored and Peiyang Future Scholarship applicants should submit the Financial Statement, published papers etc.
International Admissions Office, School of International Education, Tianjin University
Address: 92 Weijin Road, Nanki District, Tianjin 300072, PR.China
Tel: 0086-22-2740 6691
Fax: 0086-22-2740 6147