In order to promote friendship and understanding between people in China and abroad, and develop communication and cooperation in aspects of politics, economics, culture and education, the Chinese government has created Chinese Government Scholarship in order to support excellent students, teachers and scholars and encourage them to study in China. Northeast Agricultural University is one of the universities which are responsible for educating Chinese Government Scholarship students. Currently there are more than 300international students, and most of them are enjoying different programs of Chinese Governments Scholarship here.
Northeast Agricultural University (hereinafter referred to as NEAU),located in the city of Harbin, is a key leveluniversity of Heilongjiang province and is listed in the national “211 Project”and the First-class discipline construction universities in China. NEAU includes17 colleges and 1 teaching department. There are 10 post-doctoral researchstations, 2 post-doctoral work stations, 10 first level PhD disciplines, 22first level master disciplines, 1 PhD professional degree, 10 masterprofessional degrees and 72 undergraduate majors, covering the disciplines ofAgronomy, Engineering, Science, Economics, Management and so on.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens.
- Applicants should be in health physical condition.
- Applicants should be living abroad or previous graduates of universities in China.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Excellent achievement in your area of study.
- Comparative good ability in research.
- Applicants do not receive any other scholarship.
Applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate).
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (printed by CSC), the original document and a copy, filled in Chinese or in English. The applicants shall download the Application Form online through http://www.csc.edu.cn,studyinchina.csc.edu.cn or www.campuschina.organd leave the signature in the required blank.
- Highest diploma(notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students, they shall provide pre-graduation certificates. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be included with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Applicants for graduate studies are required to provide undergraduate transcripts. Applicants for doctoral studies need to provide undergraduate transcripts and graduate transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be included with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
- Published academic papers and academic achievements (not compulsory).
- A copy of HSK certificate (not compulsory).
- A copy of the passport.
- Six 2 inch ID photos with white background.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form filled in English. The medical examinations results are valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take this medical examination.
- Acceptance letter from a supervisor (not compulsory)
The above materials should be sent directly to the International Cultural and Educational College of NEAU.
The application materials will not be sent back whether the applicant is accepted or not.
Applicants shall submit the written application materials and apply online (http://www.csc.edu.cn),studyinchina.csc.edu.cnor www.campuschina.org; then click Application Online, the Recruitment Agencies Code of NEAU is10224, Program Category is B).
The application materials should be sent to NEAU before March 31stof the year they plan to enroll.
There is no application fee.
Categories of Applicants and Durationof Remedial Chinese Language Course
|Categories of applicants||Duration of major study||Duration of Chinese language courses|
|Master degree students||3||1|
|Doctoral degree students||3||1|
The lessons will be taught in Chinese. Students whose HSKdoesn’t meet the requirement need to take Chinese language courses for one yearbefore they begin their major study. The duration of Scholarship will belengthened by one additional year for the students who need to learn Chinese.
The doctoral classes of Horticulture may be taught in Chineseor English. For English-taught applicants whose native language or linguafranca is not English, they should submit an English-proficiency score, a scoreof at least 80 on the TOEFL Internet-based exam or 5.5 on the IELTS.
Details of the Scholarship
1) Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and fee for accommodation on campus;
2) Fee for Comprehensive Medical Insuranceand Benefit Plan for International Students in China.
3) Monthly living allowance is paid to thestudents by the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
Master degree students: CNY 3,000 Yuan
Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500 Yuan
4) NEAU provides free accommodation for Chinese Government Scholarship students. One doctoral student or master student shall live in one room.
For more information, please visit Official Website.