Southeast University(SEU) is one of the national key universities administered directly under the Ministry of Education of China. As a centennial prestigious university, it is located near the city center of Nanjing, to the west of the Purple Mountain and the south of Xuanwu Lake.
Southeast University is one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in China, whose origin can be traced back to 1902, when it was founded as Sanjiang Normal College. In 2000 Nanjing Railway Medical College (which is listed by WHO), Nanjing College of Communication and Nanjing Geological School were incorporated into Southeast University.
Now Southeast University has developed into a comprehensive university, boasting 29 schools or departments with 75 undergraduate disciplines in all. It also has 30 post-doctoral stations, and offers 30 PhD programs and 49 Master’s programs; it holds a national lead in architecture, civil engineering, electronics, information technology, energy, power engineering, and transportation technology, etc.
Program: Undergraduate programs
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health, have graduated from high school, and be over the age of 18, under the age of 25.
- Passport (The valid period must be more than one year, if you’re currently in china, please provide the first page and the VISA/resident permit page of your passport);
- Senior high school diploma;
- Graduating high school students can provide pre-graduation Certificate;
- Transcript for all the courses in senior high school. (The certificate of SAT/IB/GCE A-LEVEL/ACT;
- Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must provide the certificate of HSK 4 or above;
- Applicants for English-taught programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL 80/IELTS 6.0 (with the exception for the applicants from the countries or regions where English is the official language or mother language);
- Provide certificate of non-criminal record;
- Provide physical examination record of foreigners 6 months earlier before you come to China;
- Some programs may need other materials. (E.g. Architecture, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture programs ask for the applicant’s portfolio).
- Please ensure the authenticity of your application materials. If any untruthful content is found in the application materials, you will be disqualified and cannot apply to Southeast University again within 2 years;
- Please fill in your Chinese name if you have, it can’t be changed after admission;
- The application documents must be in Chinese or English. Any documents in any other languages must be attached with a notarized English or Chinese translation;
- Apply on the SEU online application system http://fs.seu.edu.cn/;
- After you complete the online application, you can log in http://fs.seu.edu.cn/ to check your application status.
Step 1: If you’re admitted, Scan copy of the admission notice will be sent by email (Applicants can also log on the Online Application System to track the admission process).
Step2: Pay the application fee and the first year’s tuition fee to the University’s Bank Account. And send the receipt to email@example.com.
- While transferring fees to the university’s bank account, you must fill in Student ID number, applicant’s name and your passport number.
Step 3: After having received the pre- paid tuition fee, we will post the admission notice and JW202 Form.
- The time for registration is from late August to early September. The exact time will be confirmed on the admission notice.
- You should apply for student (X1) visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your country on the strength of the admission notice and JW202 form.
- Please note that you must register within the stipulated time stated on the Admission Notice with original Admission Notice and JW202/JW201 form together with the original senior high school diploma transcript and HSK/TOEFL/IELTS certificate. Otherwise, you will be disqualified from enrollment.
- December 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021.
|Scholarship Students||Postgraduates||Undergraduates||Non-degree Students|
|CSC China Scholarship Council||Available||Available||Available|
|CSC for postgraduates||Available||N/A||N/A|
|Confucius Institute Scholarship||MTCSOL||N/A||Available for language school|
|Jiangsu Provincial Government/Jasmine Scholarship||Available||Available||Available|
|Nanjing Municipal Government Scholarship||Available||Available||Available|
|SEU President Scholarship||Available||Available||N/A|
The above scholarships range from the full scholarship covering all tuition fees and RMB3500/USD556 monthly allowance to the partial scholarship with the waiver of some tuition fees.The most competent international students will be guaranteed the most favorable scholarship.
For more information, please visit http://www.campuschina.org/ China Scholarship Council
For more information, please visit Official Website.