Over the years, Thabyay has developed tuition cost-sharing and scholarship partnership with a number of universities in the region. These partnerships allow scholarship recipients through Thabyay to enjoy up to 50% tuition fee waiver from the university.
Assumption University and the Thabyay Education Foundation collaborate on a programme to enable students to obtain jointly funded scholarships for selective undergraduate programs at Assumption University.
We aim to provide opportunities and scholarships for high quality, undergraduate study in fields relevant to development, for early and mid career professionals who demonstrate both academic and professional excellence and potential to become leaders, decision makers and agents of change.
- Be a Myanmar National
- Have a strong commitment to return to their community after graduation.
- If coming from a university at which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English, have a proof English proficiency
- When applying for a Bachelor’s program:
- Have graduated, or to receive graduate status of their high school, successfully completed Grade 12
- Have completed Myanmar first year University
- Meet all the Assumption University Admissions Criteria
For more information on the application process for 50% Tuition Fee Waiver, you may contact Study Abroad Advising and University Relations Unit at Thabyay Education Foundation.
Office: No.9, Kan Road, Quarter 10
Phone: +95 9 421 117 906
Direct Application for Assumption University (undergraduate degrees):
- For those who prefer, they may write to: Assumption University; Office of the Registrar; Huamak Campus Direction
592/3 Soi Ramkhamhaeng 24 Ramkhamhaeng Rd., Hua Mak, Bangkok 10240
Tel. (66) 0-2300-4543-62 Fax. (66) 0-2300-4563
Online Application for Assumption University (undergraduate degrees):
- One may apply Online Application by going to the Assumption University website. When applying online, you must also print out a copy of the completed form and forward it to the Registrar’s office along with the required supporting documents. Online applications receive a more immediate response and a conditional acceptance may be granted pending a review of documents forwarded by mail(The application fee will be payable upon arrival).
After you apply to Assumption University (undergraduate degrees):
- Upon receipt of documents, AU will evaluate and process an acceptance letter, which includes breakdown of expenses, a visa letter and other necessary information students ought to know upon entry of the institution. The visa letter will not be issued until a $1,000US deposit is paid; however, you can ask Student Support Service for assistance in getting the acceptance letter for scholarship applications; the acceptance letter will be sent through the Student Support Service of Study Abroad Advising and University Relations.
- This acceptance letter will be sent directly to the mailing address given by the applicant within the week all documents were completely submitted.