Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University realizes that a graduate program is very important foundations for knowledge creation and high-quality research publications. Graduate program is also a key for international collaboration and academic internationalization. In order to support, strengthen and internationalize the graduate programs, Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University is proud to announce the 2020 PSU-Faculty of Medicine International Student Graduate Scholarships (PSU-Med ISG Scholarships) for excellent international students to study in the graduate programs at Faculty of Medicine.
Number of Master’s/Ph.D. Degree Scholarships: Total of 4 scholarships, one per program
- Programs offered:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Health Science
Duration of Scholarships:
- Master’s Degree: 2 Years
- Doctoral Degree: 3 Years
- The monthly allowance (currently 10,000 Bath, approximately 300 USD) covers housing and living expenses.
- Tuition Fees
- A travel expense to and from home country at the beginning and the end of the scholarship term respectively (not more than 15,000 Bath, approximately 450 USD)
- Coverage of health and accident insurance during the period of scholarship in Thailand (90 USD)
- If the applicant is on the study leave from the organization, company or government section and the applicant still receives the salary from the applicant’s affiliation, the scholarship will not cover the monthly allowance.
- International students with good academic record and research experience
- Eligibility is restricted to new graduate students who are expecting to begin his/her studies at Prince of Songkla University in semester 1/2020 (July 2020).
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor for Master’s or Master’s degree for Ph.D.. The subject in which the previous degree was obtained must match and fulfill the requirements of the program’s curriculum.
- The applicant must not be a recipient of another scholarship that covers living expense during the same period.
- The applicant must pass an officially recognized English language examinations as below–
- Paper-Based score of 550, or
- Computer-Based score of 213, or
- Internet-Based score of 79, or
- IELTS Score of 6.0
- The applicant can choose only one program to apply for.
- A copy of an English proficiency certificate (valid within 2 years)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A certified copy of transcript of records for bachelor’s/master’s degree study with grades and grade point average in English
- Statement of purpose (about 800 words)
- First page of published publications
- Research description/plan
- A copy of the mail passport page
- A medical certificate (in English)
- February – April 2020: Application period
- May 2020: Decision made by committee
- June 2020: Announcement of successful candidates
How to apply
Applicants must submit the application online at Online Application.
For more information, please visit Official Website.