MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship
The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship with the aim of enhancing the international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
The University of Tokyo is offering a Fully Funded MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship in Japan for Masters & Ph.D. The Duration of the Master Scholarship is 2 years and the Doctoral Scholarship is 3 years. All the nationalities are encouraged to apply.
|Type of Scholarship||Number of Recipients||Eligibility: Possible Departments of Enrollment|
|1) International Priority Graduate Program (PGP)||4 Master’s Program students (*3)||Physics, Astronomy, Earth & Planetary Science, Chemistry, Biological Sciences|
|2)General||Master’s or Doctoral Program|
0-1 student (tentative)
|Physics, Astronomy, Earth & Planetary Science, Chemistry, Biological Sciences|
- Applicants must be international students from around the world from any country who has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Applicants must be international students with outstanding academic records (*1) who wish to enter Japan in September, 2020 as a new student (*2) to study in the Master’s or Doctoral Program at the Graduate School of Science.
- Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1985.
- Applicants must apply for the field of study that they studied at their previous university or a related field.
- Applicants must hold an English proficiency test score equivalent to B2 or above on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale (e.g. TOEFL iBT 72 or above, IELTS 5.5 or above).
- Applicants must be physically and mentally healthy enough to pursue their studies.
- 144,000 Yen/Month (for a student of a Master’s Program)
- 145,000 Yen/Month (for a student of a Doctoral Program)
An additional Monthly Stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 Yen may be added to those students undertaking study or research in some designated regions of the country.
* Traveling Cost: Round Airfare Travel Tickets will be Provided to/From Japan to their Home Country.
* Tuition Fee: Enrollment and Full Tuition Fees will be Exempted.
Application Opening: October 1, 2019
Application Deadline: October 31, 2019
** The application must arrive no later than October 31, 2019
Please see the official website for more information.