Lanzhou University, founded in 1909，is a comprehensive university directly under the Ministry of Education in China. It is also one of the key construction universities of the national “985 Project” and “211 Project”, and is one of the national “double first-class” construction universities.
Lanzhou University boasts of a wide range of disciplines, covering all 12 disciplines. Currently, a total of 13 disciplines including chemistry, physics, materials science, earth science, plant zoology, mathematics, engineering, biology and biochemistry, environment and ecology, clinical medicine, medicine and toxicology, agricultural science and social science has entered the top 1% of ESI, among which the chemistry reaches the top 1‰.
In 2021, entrusted by the Chinese Ministry of Education, Lanzhou University enrolls CSC scholarship students from all over the world.
I. Applications Deadline: February 10th, 2023.
II. Studying Period: 2-3 years for master’s program and 4 years for Doctoral program. Students who choose programs taught in Chinese and don’t meet language entrance requirement, should have one year Chinese studying (up to 1 year).
III. Details of Scholarship:
1. Free of Tuition
2. Provide free accommodation (double room)
3. Provide stipend and comprehensive medical insurance
PS: Students need to buy third-party liability insurance for RMB 100/semester or RMB 200/year themselves.
1. Non-Chinese Nationality and in good health
2. Degree and Age Requirements:
Applicants for Master Degree studies must have a Bachelor’s Degree and under the age of 35;
Applicants for Doctoral Degree studies must have a Master’s Degree and under the age of 40.
3. Have good grades and outstanding scientific research ability
4. Applicants must not accept other scholarships. Chinese government scholarship students are not allowed to obtain other scholarships (excluding all kinds of one-time incentives) established by the Chinese government and admitted institutions at the same time. Students’ qualifications for Chinese government scholarship will be canceled if they were found obey the rules, and the scholarship they received must be refunded. Those who deliberately conceal the funding situation will be disqualified and not be allowed to apply for Chinese government scholarships within three years.
5. Applicants apply Chinese taught programs require HSK Level4 180 or above (certificate is valid for 2 years). Applicants who have obtained a degree from Chinese universities using Chinese as the teaching language do not have to provide HSK certificate.
6. Applicants apply English taught programs require IELTS 5.5/TOEFL 80 or other proof of their English proficiency, native English speakers do not require certificate of English proficiency.
Applicants can apply to all majors of Lanzhou University that admit international students. Please check the attachment 2 below for more information of majors.
VI. Application documents:
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in English or Chinese).
2. Passport Home Page. If the validity of the applicant’s current passport does not meet the requirement (meaning the passport expires before September 2023), please apply for a new passport before submitting the application; Applicants applying from China are required to provide a photocopy of the currently valid visa page or residence permit page.
3. Notarized version of diploma and degree (Bachelor’s and above, documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations) Fresh graduates should provide certificate which can show their expected date of graduation.
4. Notarized version of academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards) Applicants shall provide copies of academic records from the first to the last semester during the undergraduate, master’s (if any), and doctoral programs (if any). These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attended university’s academic affairs office, graduate school, or student management department. They can be in Chinese or English, and must be attached with notarized English translations if they are in foreign languages other than English;
5. Language qualification certificates. Photocopy of the transcripts (in English or Chinese).
6. Pre-admission letter or supervisor acceptance letter. Applicants must provide a pre-admission letter or a letter of acceptance from their supervisors when submitting their documents online.
7. A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain more than 1,000 characters or words; the proposal of a doctoral student shall be signed by the applicant’s Chinese supervisor who provide acceptance letter.
8. Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted. These letters shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad
9. The photocopy of the research achievements. Applicants may submit the abstracts or contents of the published research papers, award certificates or other documents to prove their achievement and ability in academic research if any.
10. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Attachment 3, completed in English or Chinese). The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The result is valid for 6 months. Please bring the original with you when you arrive at school.
11. Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application. If the applicant is unable to provide this document, as a substitute, the applicant could sign a non-criminal record commitment (Attachment 4).
Reminder: All uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use professional device to scan the relevant documents. University will ask the applicant to submit supplementary materials if necessary. Applicants will be responsible for any consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials;
VII. Application Procedure
1. Finish online application: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register. (Program category: B; Agency code: 10730). Please refer to Attachment 1 for the specific operation steps.
2. Finish online application in Lanzhou University international students online application system: https://apply.lzu.edu.cn/en/site/login . And upload all original documents scanned copy.
3. After the approval, we will contact the applicant to send the pre-admission documents, and the applicant should change the application and re-upload the pre-admission documents to the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System.
1. Hard copy is no longer required this year.
2. Fill in correct email address and check your email frequently, Lanzhou University will contact you through email for future interviews
3. Applicants must complete their applications in the online application system of Lanzhou University, and applications not filled in the system will not be accepted.
1. Admission steps: Preliminary review by School of International Cultural Exchange – related college review and interview – university pre-admission – China Scholarship Council final review – final admission. According to the application materials, we will adopt merit-based enrollment. The final result of admission will be announced by July 15 (subject to notification from the China Scholarship Council).
2. The enrollment time is usually around the beginning of September. The specific time will be based on the Admission Notice. Students who have been admitted should strictly follow the requirements of China’s epidemic prevention policy, and come to the student affairs’ office of School of International Cultural Exchange, Lanzhou University to register on time, those who fail to register during the specified enrollment time will be disqualified from admission.
IX. Contact Information:
Room 703 Students Activity Center, No.222 South Tianshui Road, Lanzhou, Gansu Province, P. R. China
Post code: 730000
Student Consultant: Wang Shan(Miss)