CMB-Mahidol Postgraduate Scholarship Programs for Myanmar Scholars
This scholarship aims to build the capacity of Myanmar nationals who are working towards health equity, particularly those in ethnic minority areas of Myanmar. The applications will be for the 2023 academic year.
The scholarship applies to three programs in Mahidol University: Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Primary Health Care Development (MPHM) and Master of Science in Biomedical and Health Informatics (MSc Biomedical and Health Informatics).
|Name of Degree
|Duration of Study
|Master of Public Health
|Faculty of Public Health
|MPH (Master of Public Health)
|Master of Primary Health Care Management
|ASEAN Institute for Health Development
|MPHM (Master of Primary Health Care Management)
|Master of Science in Biomedical and Health Informatics
|Faculty of Tropical Medicine
|M.Sc. (Biomedical and Health Informatics)
|Master of Arts in Population and Sexual and Reproductive Health
|Institute for Population and Social Research
|M.A. (Population and Sexual and Reproductive Health)
*Note: The detail is subject to change.
Nationality: Applicants must be Myanmar nationals
CMB-Mahidol Postgraduate Scholarship
This is a fully funded scholarship which will cover tuition fees, accommodation, living expense and stipend to stay in Thailand and one return economy airfare from Myanmar to Thailand.
The coverage of the scholarship for each program:
- Master of Public Health is fifteen months
- Master of Primary Health Care is one year
- Master of Science in Biomedical and Health Informatics is two years.
The coverage of tuition fees will be counted starting from the first semester of 2023.
- The living allowance for MPH and MPHM will be offered once the scholarship recipient joins the on-campus classes up until the period of scholarship coverage (as mentioned above) or until the scholarship recipient passes the final thesis defense examination, whichever comes first. The living allowances will be suspended if the scholarship recipient stays outside Thailand for more than 2 months except for the reason of traveling to another country as an exchange student.
- The duration of living allowance for the Master of Science in Biomedical and Health Informatics will be determined depending on the required duration of stay in Thailand under the approval of the program committee and the Faculty of Graduate Studies, as it is an online program.
Number of Scholarships
Around 5 awards per academic year
Scholarship Schedule for Academic Year 2023
|November 21 – December 31, 2022
(Interview only short-listed applicants)
|Result of Screening Selection
|Consideration by the Program of Study
(Interview/examination depending on the program)
|Announcement of Admission & Scholarship Result
|Program start: MPH
|Program start: MPHM, MSc
- 1. Completion of a Bachelor degree from an accredited institution (with discipline from Medicine, Veterinary Science, Dentistry, other health and related sciences, computer science*, or information and communication technology*)
[* for applicants for MSc Biomedical and Health Informatics only]
- 2. A person with experience in the healthcare system or in community/social works, particularly serving in vulnerable and underprivileged areas, or a promising young healthcare worker who has just completed Bachelor degree and has minimal experience, but having a strong academic record.
- 3. English proficiency score minimum of IELTS 5.0, TOEFL-IBT 64, MU GRAD Plus 70, or MU ELT 84, which was taken within 2 years of this application (the applicants are encouraged to apply even though they are not ready to submit an English proficiency score report, but they need to demonstrate their English proficiency during the interview process).
- 4. In addition, all candidates must fulfil the Mahidol University general postgraduate admission requirement and the requirement of each program of study.
The applicant’s experience in the particular field of study, social commitment and excellent academic track record will be important criteria for consideration for scholarship, and the applicant is expected to demonstrate evidence for these qualifications with the application.
Required Documents during Application
- Complete the online application for scholarship (application opens on Nov 21 till Dec 31, 2022)
- A copy of degree certificate (English translation attached together with the original language)
- A copy of transcript (English translation attached together with the original language)
- Two reference letters (see details)
- Motivational letter of less than 1,000 words (the letter should cover not only academic goal of the applicant but how this scholarship will suit them and how he/she can contribute to their home country after completion of the degree).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- English Proficiency Score (if any)
- Any supporting documents to show evidence of work experience, training, academic credentials, etc.
- 1. Applicants submit scholarship application online.
- 2. Screening selection by CMB and Faculty of Graduate Studies, Mahidol University (this includes rigorous screening of the application, related documents and can include interview).
- 3. Selected candidates from step 2 will be nominated to the relevant program of study for further admission consideration according to criteria of the program of study and the Faculty of Graduate Studies, Mahidol University.
- 4. Admissions and scholarship results announced.
- 5. Successful candidates proceed and complete the admission process as set by Mahidol University in order to receive letter of acceptance.