The Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship (APS) is a shared initiative of The Nippon Foundation, the University for Peace (UPEACE), and Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU). The objective of the programme is to train young Asian professionals to become peacebuilding practitioners, ready to take up leading positions in organisations across the globe. In particular, the programme serves to strengthen the representation of Asian professionals with expertise in Asian issues.
The programme offers intensive, specialised language training to facilitate the participation of professionals with lower levels of English proficiency, thus allowing them to study in both Costa Rica and The Philippines. Scholars obtain a Master of Arts Degree from the University for Peace (UPEACE) in an area related to peacebuilding, and a Master’s Degree in Transdisciplinary Social Development from Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU).
Students selected to participate in the APS programme receive a full scholarship that covers tuition, airfare, transit and some visa costs for all programme components, and a monthly stipend. The programme facilititates up to 30 students per cohort.
The application period for the 2022/2023 Academic Year (APS 16) is now OPEN. The application deadline is 13 August 2021.
Applications are accepted from students all over Asia, with preference given to students who:
1. Have at least 2 years work experience in a relevant field. Excellent candidates with less work experience are considered for participation on a case-by-case basis. Voluntary work, internships and student activities may be considered as work experience, if relevant for the programme.
2. Have Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution.
3. Demonstrate a compelling desire to work on issues related to peace and conflict.
4. Demonstrate a commitment to learning in an international and multi-cultural environment.
5. Are from countries where English is not widely spoken, particularly, but not limited to, Japan, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines.
- English-language Proficiency Test Scores Report
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation (AdMU recommendation letter form).
- Official Undergraduate Transcript of Records (Transcript of records for Master’s/Ph.D./Doctoral degree/Study Abroad, if applicable)
- Certificate of Graduation (Diploma)
- Curriculum Vitae or Résumé
- Copy of Passport
- Passport-size photo (see specifications here)
Please address any email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE English-language Training Opportunity
The Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship (APS) Programme offers this Online English Course to those who are willing to apply for APS yet do not have the required TOEFL/IELTS scores. This training course is run by our partner, EPiC Online, and provides a choice of courses – TOEFL or IELTS – consisting of 25 sessions, conducted one-on-one via Skype 50 minutes per session), scheduled at the participant’s convenience. The cost of the programme is covered by APS. You can find more details about this course on the EPiC website: https://global.epiclanguage.com/.
For the full course brochure, click here.
For detailed admissions information, click here.
Apply now: https://www.upeace.org/apply-admissions/applymaform?type=aps
Application deadline: 13 August 2021.
For more detail information, please visit official website: https://www.upeace.org/departments/asian-peacebuilders-scholarships