ASUS and the National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (Taiwan Tech) have launched a new Scholarship program for international students to pursue their education and plan for future careers in Taiwan. The ASUS Scholarship program offers master’s programs for students in electronics, information technology, or management-related disciplines. ASUS scholarship recipients will be offered financial aid, opportunities to join internship programs and related job trainings by ASUS during the two year-master’s program. After graduation, a two year position at ASUS will be offered to scholarship recipients.
- International students, including Overseas Chinese students and students from Hong Kong, and Macao, who hold bachelor’s degrees from universities abroad may apply for admission to Taiwan Tech graduate programs as full-time students.
- Bachelor degree holders in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Management, Design, or closely related fields.
- Students should submit necessary documents for admission, including their resume/CV, academic transcripts, certificate of degree, as well as a letter of recommendation.
- Not eligible are students:
- Who are already receiving other forms of financial aid from Taiwan Tech or the Taiwan government
- Who are concurrently enrolled at Taiwan Tech and another university in Taiwan or who engage in full-time paid employment in Taiwan.
Scholarship Quota and Value
- Quota: 26 scholarship for master’s programs in electrical engineering, computer science, management, design or related disciplines are offered by ASUS.
- Value and Benefits:
- Waiver of tuition and fees for a maximum of two years of study.
- The maximum subsidy a return ticket for economy class airfare to Taiwan is NTD 60,000.
- Living allowance: Each master’s student will receive a living allowance of NTD 12,000 per month for a maximum of two years of study.
- The maximum subsidy for Chinese language courses for each master’s student is NTD 20,000.
- Students will have to provide course registration documents and proof of minimum 80% course attendance.
- After graduation, a two year position at ASUS will be offered to scholarship recipients.
- Students have to apply for admission through Taiwan Tech.
- The application period for the spring semester of 2023 is from August 15 to September 16, 2022. Taiwan Tech will review the applications for completeness and will forward the application materials of qualified candidates to ASUS as well as the respective Taiwan Tech departments where the decisions on the granting of a scholarship and on the admission to the master’s program of the department will be made.
- The selected 26 students will be informed by ASUS.
How to apply
- Click to apply for the program: https://forms.gle/pVGygfemHLm8jLJw6
- Application deadline: August 15, 2022 – September 16, 2022 5 PM (GST+8)
- The selected 26 students will be informed by ASUS in October.
- Selected candidates will need to apply for Taiwan Tech’s admission through the application portal.
|Job Vacancies in ASUS
|Study Field in Taiwan Tech
|Courses related to Circuits, Electronics, and Digital logic.
|Design and testing of new products.
|Department Of Electrical And Computer Engineering
Department Of Electrical EngineeringDepartment Of Computer Science And Information EngineeringGraduate Institute Of Automation And ControlDepartment Of DesignDepartment Of Information ManagementDepartment Of Business AdministrationGraduate Institute Of FinanceGraduate Institute Of Technology Management.
|Courses related to Circuits/Microelectronic Circuits/Electronics/Power Electronics; Paper: Power electronic/battery/ cell design or charger design
|Good understanding of power circuit design and qualification.Develop and test power module products for ASUS laptops, such as power adapters or batteries.
|Courses related to Microwave Engineering, Signals & Systems, Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, and EMC Compatibility.
|Implement the signal integrity and power integrity on Asus projects.Analyze the simulation results and provide the layout recommendations to improve project performance.Research the innovative high-speed I/O design.
|5G System Software Engineer
|Knowledge of Telecommunication, Computer Engineering, Embedded systems, RTOS, Electronics Engineering, Software development, and Programming experience in C/C++.
|5G modem software system integration, customized requirements development, and implementation5G modem software source code maintenance, version control, compilation, and version verification.The above is based on RTOS embedded system and development with C.
|Compulsory subjects: Object Oriented Programming and Practice Data Structures Introduction to Computer Networks Computer Organization Operating Systems Programming Languages Software Engineering.Additional requirements: The university is also for the Department of Information Engineering, and the project is written in C language.
|Embedded OS/Application Development.
|Compulsory subjects: Embedded System Design/Embedded Real-Time Operating System/Embedded Microprocessor Programming Local Area Network/Internet and Applications/Computer Communication Network Operating System Object-Oriented Programming
|BIOS/MCU firmware development.
|Courses in Qualitative Research Methods in Design and Digital Media Design are required.The course in Psychology of Design is a plus.
|To generate a UX wireframe in websites or management consoles by UX skills e.g., research (competitor, environment, etc.), pain point finding, requirement analysis, KOL interview, etc.
|Courses in programming and computer science.Courses in Web-related technical skills are a plus.Both are fine in F2E web UI or headless APIs development.
|To use front-end technologies (HTML5) and frameworks (React, Vue) to develop websites or management consoles..Net EngineerTo use a server-side programming language (.Net core) to develop websites or management consoles.
|Course in Chinese, marketing, and economy.Be familiar with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Expertise in other production APs (ex. Photoshop and OneNote) would be a plus.
|Coordinate and develop regional go-to-market strategy and communicate with a local team for goal alignment.Actively dig out potential cooperation opportunities between the company and strategic vendors and partners.
Summarized Table of ASUS Job Vacancies Requirements
- About ASUS
ASUS is a global technology leader that provides the world’s most innovative and intuitive devices, components and solutions to deliver incredible experiences that enhance the lives of people everywhere. With its team of 5,000 in-house R&D experts, ASUS is world-renowned for continuously reimagining today’s technologies for tomorrow, garners more than 11 awards every day for quality, innovation and design and is ranked among Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies.
To learn more about our aspirations and what we offer, visit asus.com/about-asus/