Jiangnan University (JNU) is situated in Wuxi, which is located in the southern part of Jiangsu Province. Jiangnan University consists of eighteen departments and fifty-one undergraduate programs, with disciplines in engineering, science, literature, economics, management, law, medicine, agriculture, arts, and education.
Jiangnan University is engaging in Chinese-foreign cooperation by hosting the School of International Education and the Jiangnan-North American College. Jiangnan University has five Post-doctoral Research Stations in the fields of Light Industry Technology and Engineering; Food Science and Technology; Control Science and Engineering; Chemistry Engineering and Technology; and Textile Engineering.
- Master Degree Program of Food Science & Engineering offered by School of Food Science & Technology
- Ph.D. Degree Program of Food Science & Engineering offered by School of Food Science & Technology
- Master Degree Programs of Fermentation Engineering, Microbiology and Biochemistry & Molecular Biology offered by School of Biotechnology
- Ph.D. Degree Program of Fermentation Engineering offered by School of Biotechnology
- Tuition, on-campus accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance, living subsidy (RMB 3,000 per month for master students; RMB 3,500 per month for PhD students)
Who Is Eligible to Apply
1) Non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2) The proportion of Registered-in China students enrolled should not exceed 50% of the new students scheme.
3) Age and Academic Requirements: master degree program applicants need to be bachelor degree holders under 35; PhD program applicants need to be master degree holders under 40.
4) Non-holders of other Chinese Government Scholarships
When to Apply
- Dec 1, 2020 – Apr 30, 2021
How to Apply
https://jiangnan.17gz.org （Application on both websites is required）
Application Documents Needed
- A color scan copy of passport (photo page)
- A color scan copy of the Highest Academic Degree (or corresponding notarized letter in Chinese or English)
- A color scan of copy of the transcript for Highest Academic Degree (or corresponding notarized letter in Chinese or English)
- A color scan copy Chinese/English proficiency test grade report
- A research proposal (No Less Than 1,500 words)
- Two reference letters (Applicable for Master/Ph.D applicants)
- Non-criminal record
- Physical examination record (within 6 months)
- Professional works
- Other supporting documents (including awards and attended conferences)
Note: Application is completed online without hardcopy documents.
1) Log onto China Scholarship Council’s Study in China Application System https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login to complete online application. (Program Category: B; Jiangnan University Institution Code: 10295)
2) Log onto Jiangnan University International Student Online Application System https://jiangnan.17gz.org, click Application and then Chinese Government Scholarship to complete online application.
- Application result is available at Jiangnan University International Student Online Application System https://jiangnan.17gz.org.
- Scholarship winners are required to register on the prescribed date. Late arrival without prior approval automatically leads to program registration cancellation and disqualification for the scholarship.
- Scholarship winners are subject to annual scholarship audit. An unsatisfactory audit result leads to termination of and disqualification for the scholarship.
- Program of study and program length is not allowed to be changed in principle.
- No.1800, Lihu Avenue, Wuxi, Jiangsu, P.R. China
- Postcodes: 214122
- Tel: 0510-85919552, 85329235
- Fax: 0510-85809610
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit Official website.