Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), aiming to develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception of China’s higher education. Under the mandate of the MOE, Zhejiang Gongshang University is opening an application for full-time postgraduate studies under the 2020 Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program.
Duration of the Scholarship
Doctoral Degree Students: 3 academic years
Master’s Degree Students: 2-2.5 academic years
Note: Applicants who apply for Chinese-instructed courses must have a good command of the Chinese language. If their Chinese proficiency has not reached the requirement of our institution for professional learning, they are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly.
Coverage of the Scholarship
(1) Exempt from tuition fee;
(2) Free accommodation on campus;
(3) Living allowance: Granted in accordance with the relevant standard;
(4) Medical Insurance for students of Chinese Government Scholarship.
Application deadline: April 15, 2020.
All Applicants who have completed online application in the website of China Scholarship Council also should complete the online application of Zhejiang Gongshang University: hzic.at0086.cn/student
Qualification for Application
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
2. Applicants must NOT be registered students in Chinese universities at the time of application or graduates from Chinese universities whose graduation is less than one year ago.
3. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Do not accept applications to major in one’s native language or a third language (French, English, etc.)
5. Applicants should have a good academic record.
6. Applicants should not be beneficiaries of any other scholarships.
7. Language proficiency requirements:
- Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs should have an HSK test score of level 4 or above.
- There are no Chinese language proficiency requirements for the applicants of English-instructed programs, but applicants (except for English native speakers) must have TOEFL test scores 90 or IELTS test score 6.5 (or above) or have other related certificates of English language proficiency.
Choices of Programs
Please see: Programs
1. Online Application for Chinese Government Scholarship
Applicants should log in the website at http://www.csc.edu.cn to complete the online application. (Agency No.: 10353)
2. Online Application for Zhejiang Gongshang University
- Please log in the Online Application System of Zhejiang Gongshang University hzic.at0086.cn/student (Google Browser Only) to complete the application and submit the required documents.
3. Required Documents for Online Application (Please upload clear scanned copies)
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
- A photocopy of passport
- Highest degree certificate and academic transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English. Applicants who are still studying in schools should submit the Certificate of Schooling.
Note: Applicants who apply for the program with a Certificate of Schooling should provide the highest degree certificate before the registration date, or the admission will be disqualified.
- Photocopies of language proficiency certificates or the original language certificate of the teaching language during the highest education. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score (Not required for English native speakers).
- Personal statement in Chinese or English should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal.
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from full professors or associate professors. (Professors’ contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter)
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (if applicable)
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
- Application Fee
RMB 400 yuan per student (without refund)
Beneficiary: Zhejiang Gongshang University
Name of the Bank: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Hangzhou GaoXin Sub-Branch, Zhejiang Branch 391 Wen Er Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China
Bank Account No.: 1202026209008930682
Swift Code: ICBKCNBJZJP
Note: The incomplete application materials will not be processed. Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
Address: Room 517, College of International Education
Zhejiang Gongshang University
No.18, Xuezheng Str. Xiasha High Education Zone Hangzhou, 310018 China
Tel: +86-571-28008689, +86-571-28008687, +86-571-28008677, +86-571-28008685, +86-571-28008686,
For more information, please visit the official website.