Chinese Government Scholarship “Silk Road Program” is a full scholarship program set up by China’s Ministry of Education since 2017 to support Chinese universities to recruit young students from Belt & Road countries. Chongqing University, one of the designated universities, welcomes outstanding international students from “Belt and Road” countries to pursue Master’s or Ph.D. degrees under this program.
Coverage: Full scholarship
- Exempt from tuition fee；
- Provide free on-campus accommodation；
- Provide comprehensive medical insurance；
- Monthly living allowance:
Ø 3,000 RMB/month for Master’s degree students;
Ø 3,500 RMB/month for Ph.D. degree students.
1. The Applicant must be a foreign citizen from the Belt and Road countries (Click to check).pdf, and in good physical and mental health.
2. Education and Age Requirements:
- Master’s degree applicants shall be a bachelor’s degree holder, under 35 years old.
- Ph.D. degree applicants shall be a Master’s degree holder, under 40 years old.
3. Language proficiency requirements:
- The instruction language of the supported programs is English. Applicants whose native language is not English need to provide
1) score report of English language proficiency test (a score above IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL Internet-based 80 or equivalent), or
2) a certificate from former university that the previous degree is taught in English, or
3)a certificate indicating the applicants have studied in an English-speaking country for more than one year.
4. Applicants should not be holding any other scholarships.
Note: The supported programs are subject to the final approval of the China Scholarship Council.
Application Procedure and Documents
Step 1: CSC online application
- Create an account and fill in the application form on the website of China Scholarship Council at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/, and have the application form submitted, downloaded, printed and signed.
- Choose program Type B. The agency number of Chongqing University is 10611. Make sure there is a serial number on the bottom of your application form.
Step 2: CQU online application
- Refer to Application Guide for Postgraduate Programs for International Students for application procedure and documents. A signed scanned copy of the Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form (from Step 1) should be uploaded together.
Application Deadline: April 15th, 2022.
International Students Admissions Office
Address: Room 324, Main Building, Campus A of Chongqing University, No. 174 Shazheng Street, Shapingba District, Chongqing, P.R.China, 400044