Central University of Finance and Economics (CUFE) is a prestigious university under the direct leadership of the Ministry of Education (MOE) and jointly supported by the MOE, the Ministry of Finance and the People’s Government of Beijing Municipality. It is one of China’s top universities listed under the Project “Double First-Class” university and the Project 211，and in the first batch to become a Leading Academic Programs Innovation Platform.
In 1949, shortly after the founding of the People’s Republic of China, CUFE, the first university of finance and economics in the Republic, was created by the China’s central government. The former name of CUFE was Central School of Taxation. Later, it went through several stages of development, from Central Institute of Finance, Central Institute of Finance and Economics, to Central Institute of Finance and Banking. In 1996, the Institute was officially renamed as Central University of Finance and Economics (CUFE) under the direct leadership of the MOE. CUFE upholds “loyalty, unity, truth and innovation” as its motto, adhering to the philosophy of “pursuing truth and excellence”. With over ninety-thousand graduates, CUFE is known as “the Cradle of Giants in the Field of Finance and Management “.
The university has established a base for the National Higher Education Institutions Academic Innovation and Talent Recruitment Plan. More than 500 international scholars and teachers come to visit or give lectures at CUFE each year. More than 50% of CUFE’s faculty members have had overseas experience.
The university supports nearly 600 students each year to go abroad for study or exchange through government-sponsored scholarships or exchange programs. Starting from 2005, CUFE has been accepting international students with Chinese Government Scholarships or scholarships awarded by Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban). Starting from 2006, CUFE has undertaken some international assistance projects, through which it has provided trainings to more than 1,000 high-level government officials from more than 90 developing countries and is widely applauded for these trainings.
Sponsored by the Chinese government, Chinese Government Scholarship – University Program is a full scholarship that provides funding for international students studying full-time in China. The scholarship covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, monthly stipends, and insurance fee.
Foreign citizens in good physical and mental health
Master’s applicant shall not exceed the age of 35 years old
Master Program: Duration 2 to 3 years
|School of Finance||Finance|
|School of Law||International Law|
|China Academy of Public Finance and Public Policy||Public Finance|
|School of Management Science and Engineering||Investment|
|Institute for Finance and Economics Research||Regional Economics|
|School of Finance||Finance*|
|School of Public Finance and Tax||Asset Valuation*|
|School of International Trade and Economics||International Business*|
|School of Management Science and Engineering||Engineering and Project Management|
|School of Culture and Communication||Journalism and Communication (Financial News)|
*Professional master’s program
March 31st, 2021
Jan. – Mar. Application open
Mar. – Apr. Document review
Apr. – May Shortlisted applicants attend interview (online interview also available via wechat)
Jun. Interview results released
July — Aug. Final admission resultsreleased
List of Hard Copies Required
Note: Please arrange documents in the sequence below
- CUFE Application form
- CSC Application form
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of bachelor’s diploma or acertificate stating your student status and expected graduation date
- Bachelor’s transcripts (original, in Chinese or English)
- Language proficiency certificate
- Programs offered in Chinese: HSK-5 or above Applicants whose native language is Chinese can apply for a HSK waiver by submitting a signed statement (pending for university approval)
- Programs offered in English: IELTS,TOEFL, TOEIC, or other standardized test results /proof of English proficiency (course certificate, etc) /signed statement applying for a English language proficiency waiver (pending for university approval)
- A personal statement (Chinese program applicants are required to provide personal statement in Chinese)
- 2 letters of recommendation (in Chinese or English)
- A copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Award certificates or other supportingdocuments
- All application documents should be in duplicate.
- All application documents must be in Chinese or English. Application documents and application fee will NOT be returned regardless of your admission status.
- All documents submitted must be true, accurate, and complete. CUFE reserves the right to withdraw offers of admission or expel enrolled students otherwise.
- Important message regarding acceptance letter and interview
After the deadline, documents will be sent to admissions committee for academic review. Acceptance letter is NOT NEEDED. Acceptance letter and other documents not listed above will NOT BE INCLUDED in your portfolio. Note: Interview/online interview invitations are only given to applicants who have passed the academic review. Applicants intending to attend online interview should download the app wechat.
- Submit CSC application athttp://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/
- Please note: Please select Type B, Central University of Financeand Economics (10034).
- Submit CUFE online application http://sice.cufe.edu.cn/Click Online Application on the right
- Print application form generated at the last step of application, sign the form and mail it along with other hard copies to Office of International Admissions, Central University of Finance and Economics, No. 39 South College Road, Haidian, Beijing, China, 100081.
- Pay 500 RMB application fee (Please see belowfor wire transfer instructions)
- Short-listed applicants attend interview (onlineinterview also available)
- Wait for admission results to be released(final results expected to release around August)
Please make sure your name is put in the footnote.
Office of International Admissions
No. 39 South College Road, Haidian, Beijing, China