Chung Hua University (CHU) was founded by a group of entrepreneurs who were ardent proponents of education in Hsinchu local areas with the mission to realize technological education, assist development of local industries and promote regional extension education. In response to government call to nurture higher professional talents for national development on the one hand, and to fulfill their grand wishes to feed back the society with whatever earned from it on the other, the entrepreneurs set up Chung Hua Polytechnic Institute, predecessor of CHU, in March 1990 before it started recruiting student in July. With joint efforts of Board of Directors, faculties, staffs and students, CHU was granted current name by Ministry of Education on August 1, 1997 due to its outstanding performance in education.
Chung Hua University (CHU) was founded by a group of entrepreneurs who were ardent proponents of education in Hsinchu local areas with the mission to realize technological education, assist development of local industries and promote regional extension education.
Elite Southeast Asia Master’s Scholarship Program
- This program consists of 65 professors from different disciplines across five colleges. These renowned professors are all doctorate degree holders of distinguished research institutes worldwide.
- Each professor will take on at 2 Master’s students per school year, and supervise them to complete their theses in English.
- The course and miscellaneous fees for these selected students will be waived.
- They need to pay only the accommodation and personal living expenses. The advising professors will supervise the students to complete their theses in English.
|Duration of the Course
|Master: Two years (4 semesters)
|24 to 30, depending on discipline
|100 positions per year
|IELTS 6.0 / TOEIC660 / TOEFL ibt 79 and academic results (GPA 3+)
|Number of Advising Professors
|Architecture and Design
|Computer Science and Informatics
The degree obtained depends on the advisor you choose, who would advise you on your course selection and supervise your thesis.Our program can offer you the following degrees:
|College of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
|Computer Science and Information Engineering;
|College of Architecture and Design
|Architecture and Urban Planning;
|College of Management
|Transportation Technology and Logistics Management;
|College of Tourism
|Leisure and Recreation Management
*If you are interested in obtaining an M.B.A. degree, you can choose your advisors and courses across the Colleges of Management and Tourism.
Meet the professors: http://elitesea.chu.edu.tw/college.html
This special program targets students from South East Asia. The entry requirements for applications are IELTS 6.0 / TOEIC 660 / TOEFL ibt 79 and excellent academic results (GPA 3.0+).
Please read the following information closely before you apply. You will need to have the following documents ready in PDF:
- Scanned Copy of Information Page of Passport
- Passport-Size Photo
- Scanned Copy of English translation highest Educational Diploma with notarized by local Taiwan Representative Office or Certificate of enrollment.
- Scanned Copy of English highest educational translation academic records with notarized by local Taiwan Representative Office.
- Two Reference Letters
- English Certificate (IELTS 6.0 or TOEIC 660 or TOEFL ibt 79) if you have not been interviewed and do not hold a degree taught in English.
For more information, please visit Official Website.