In 1956, Hong Kong Baptist College was founded by the Baptist Convention of Hong Kong as a post-secondary college committed to the provision of whole person education. In 1983, Hong Kong Baptist College became a fully-funded public tertiary institution. It gained university status in 1994 and was renamed Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU).
Today HKBU encompasses eight Faculties/Schools offering a range of undergraduate programmes, associate degree and higher diploma programmes as well as taught postgraduate programmes and research postgraduate programmes leading to the award of master and doctoral degrees. It prides itself on its dual focus on teaching and research and encourages service to society among its staff and students. Over the years, HKBU has remained committed to academic excellence and the development of the whole person, and has gained a reputation as one of Asia’s finest institutions of higher learning.
Type of Programme: Undergraduate Programmes
- the university entrance requirements University Entrance Requirements (using international curricula or regional/national curricula);
- the English language requirements; and,
- if any, the programme entrance requirements.
For Myanmar National
- Basic Education High School Examination or Matriculation Examination; or
- Successful completion of one year’s study in a bachelor’s degree programme at a recognised university
|Proficiency Tests||Minimum Requirements|
|TOEFL||Internet-based test (iBT) – Score: 79; or|
Paper-delivered test – a sum score of 60
(TOEFL MyBestTM Score is not accepted.)
|IELTS Academic||Overall Band: 6.0|
HKBU offers scholarship opportunities for both local and non-local undergraduate applicants, based on outstanding academic merits. Some of the schemes are listed below:
- Admission Scholarships for Outstanding Mainland, International & Non-JUPAS Local Applicants
These scholarships are available to applicants at the time of entrance into HKBU, with the possibility of covering tuitions and living subsidies. All applicants will be considered, and no separate application is required. Assessment is based on the following criteria:
- Academic performance;
- Personal attributes and non-academic performance; and
- Interview performance, if applicable
- Belt and Road Scholarship by the Hong Kong Government (for non-local students only)
- HKBU Elite Athletes Admission Scheme (EAAS) (for local students only)
- Admission Scholarship Scheme for Outstanding South and South East Asian Ethnic Minority Students (EMSS) (for local students only)
- Other Scholarships Opportunities
For more information, please visit Official Website.