Asia University (AU) is a visionary, pioneering, and fast-growing school, and was founded with the goal of establishing a remarkable and comprehensive university with international competitiveness. Karl Jaspers, a German philosopher, believed that an ideal university must have three features- academic teaching, scientific research, and a creative cultural life, which exactly are what we have been pursuing for years since the establishment of the school.
n the past of 19 years, AU has demonstrated excellence in academic performance, and was ranked as the first in many higher education evaluations conducted by the Ministry of Education (MOE). It was not only evaluated as the best among newly-established universities in Taiwan, but also granted honored projects from the MOE, the so-called Program for Promoting Teaching Excellence Universities, for 12 years consecutively. Meanwhile, AU has earned international reputation by several world university rankings, including Times Higher Education World University Rankings, Academic Ranking of World Universities, US News & World Report Global University Ranking, and QS Global University Rankings. Based on the Times Higher Education, Asia University was 99th of the 100 best universities in the world younger than 50 years.
- International students are defined as those who are neither overseas Chinese, nor citizens of Taiwan ROC. Those who have had their Taiwan ROC nationality annulled for eight years or more are eligible to apply. This regulation does not apply to students holding Hong Kong or Macao citizenship.
- Applicants who have graduated from a high school, college, or university recognized by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan ROC are able to apply for admission. Applicants with a high school diploma are eligible to apply for undergraduate programs; those with a Bachelor’s degree are eligible for Master’s programs; and those with a Master’s degree are eligible for Doctoral programs.
- Two application forms attached with a 2-inch recent photo.
- One copy of the highest-level diploma (enclosed with a Chinese or an English translation of the diploma).
- One official transcript (in English or Chinese) from the school you have attended.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One study plan
- One health certificate issued within the last six months (attached HIV certification).
- One copy of passport.
- An original bank statement issued within six months clearly stating a balance.
- The receipt of application fee US$20.
- English or Chinese proficiency certificate
|Deadline of admission application for international students who intend to apply for Taiwan Scholarship
|Notification of admission by mail for international students who intend to apply for Taiwan Scholarship
|Deadline of regular application for admission and scholarship
|Notification of admission by mail
|Registration & Orientation
How to Apply
- Applying in person – You may file your application in person or through your representative by submitting all the required materials to the Center for International Academic Exchange at Asia University.
- Applying by mail – All application forms and supporting documents should be mailed to: Center for International Academic Exchange, Asia University, 500, Liufeng Road, Wufeng, Taichung, 41354, Taiwan ROC
Students may apply for scholarships provided by Taiwan government, such as Taiwan scholarship. Detail information can be found at http://english.moe.gov.tw. Moreover, Asia University provides a limited number of scholarships each year for talented students from other countries. All applicants may have an opportunity to compete for scholarship provided by Asia University, depending on the qualification of applicants, program admitted, and funding available. Applicants who have received other scholarships are not eligible to apply.
- Taiwan Scholarship offers monthly stipend of NT$30,000 (approximately US$882). After receiving an admission letter from Asia University, completed documents must be sent by the end of March to the nearest Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office located in the country that applicants reside.
- Full Scholarship includes tuition waiver, dormitory fee waiver, and monthly stipend of NT$6,000 (approximately US$176).
- Tuition Waiver Scholarship offers full tuition waiver.
- Half-Tuition Waiver Scholarship offers 50% tuition waiver.
To apply for scholarship provided by Asia University, a completed form with all required application materials must be sent to the Center for International Academic Exchange. Awarded students in Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral programs are supported for at most four, two, and three years, respectively. An average score of less than 75 and 80 in previous academic year for undergraduate and graduate students, respectively, will result in disqualification of receiving scholarship.
FREE CHINESE COURSES
In the recent years, Chinese has gained its status as a world language. Asia University realizes the importance of learning Chinese and thus offers free language courses taught by instructors holding official license for teaching Chinese.
Center for International Academic Exchange Phone: +886-4-23323456 ext. 6278
For more information, please visit Official Website.