Table of Contents
Asia’s Most Recognized Program in Culinary Arts
Creating great cuisine is more than intuition or a gut feeling. Aspiring to be a great chef requires knowledge learned from experts who can teach you to be the best you can be. Join us! Our program is rated the best in Korea - maybe, the best in Asia!
We believe that all good Chefs should be able to cook a variety of cuisines, so we have created a comprehensiveculinary program that combines the best of European and Asian cooking with hands-on skills development. You will learn to use modern, cutting edge culinary applications found in five-star hotels and top-class foodservice operationsaround the world.
You will work with leading culinary brands from countries like France, Germany, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Singapore, and the Emirates. You will be laying the groundwork for your future as a Michelin star chef. A diverse internationalfaculty teach our classes in state-of-the-art kitchens and classrooms.
Our hands-on curriculum is presented entirely in English and prepares students for employment and leadership in theculinary industry. Students can also earn certifications in several specialized industry programs.
Our students learn about more than food preparation; they also study business operations, restaurant management, wine and spirits, communications, and customer service. Qualified students may participate in a practical six-month incubation experience in our on-campus premier Staricco Café.
Our million-dollar, state-of-the-art kitchens are unlike any other facility in the region.
- International hospitality standards
- Culture and ethics of various countries
- Practices of hospitality in different industries
- Regulations and policies related to hospitality management and traveling
- Hotel administration and operation skills
- Understanding of various hotel operations & networks around the world
- Industrial / practical experience and internships
- Largest and only English language culinary school in Korea for 4-year & 2-year degrees (Culinary or Baking and Pastry)
- Global instructors and professors with a depth of industry expertise and international experience
- State-of-art culinary facilities and utilization of top-class products and authentic ingredients
- Industry partnerships and connections with premium global brands
- Competitive internship program (placement location and availability depend on visa restrictions and student capability)
- 3-week intensive hands-on practical block schedule
- Students with a 2-year degree may apply to transfer into the program
Potential Career Paths
- Chef (resorts, hotels, restaurants, cruise ships, catering and banquet)
- Food and beverage product sales and marketing
- Menu developer and consultant
- Culinary educator
- Food journalism – writer or critic
- Food logistics coordinator
- Restaurant owner
- Franchise operator or owner
Specialization & Specialized Courses
On-Campus Restaurant Practice, Dining Room Service, Commissary Operations, Plating & Styling, Concept Implementation Project, CaféOperations, A La Carte Menu Preparation
Global Chef Series
Special guest lecture series by culinary & food related professionals throughout the year
Students in their second year of study will choose between Culinary Track or Baking and Pastry Track
Culinary Fundamentals, Introduction to Culinary Management, Health and Dietary Cuisine, Meat & Seafood Fabrication, Modern Korean Cuisine, Global Breakfast, Culinary Nutrition, Asian Cuisine I, Modern Culinary Techniques, Asian Cuisine II, Western Cuisine, ModernCulinary Techniques, Recipe Writing and Development
Baking and Pastry
Introduction to Baking & Pastry, Chocolate Work, Pulled Sugar Art, Intensive Pastry, Contemporary Plated Desserts, Baking & Pastry CaféOperation, Pastry Techniques, Baking Techniques
Beverage Appreciation, Food and Beverage, Menu Planning and Cost Control, Intro to Entrepreneurship and Marketing, Banquet and Special Functions, Human Resource Management, Food & Wine Paring, Food Service Finance and Accounting