Table of Contents
International Culinary Arts Management (INSTITUT PAUL BOCUSE)
The World’s Top Ranked Culinary Arts Management Program
At Institut Paul Bocuse, we take the culinary art culture to a new level of food service experience. Working in state-of- the-art kitchens, you will earn two Bachelor’s degrees and receive a Certificate from the French Government.
Studying for the Institut Paul Bocuse Bachelor’s degree will set you apart from other culinary programs. As the most renowned culinary institut in Europe, you will participate in one of the fastest-growing foodservice Industries and enjoy the highest level of food culture available. This program provides students with the skills and knowledge to set-up and operate a fine dining restaurant and manage its culinary operations. This program will prepare you for a career as a high-level, creative, and innovative manager working in the kitchen, patisserie, and culinary events sectors
Partnering with the prestigious culinary institute, Institut Paul Bocuse, France, Woosong University provides students an excellent opportunity to earn an esteemed European degree within four years. The program includes two six-month internships, which may be completed overseas or in Korea.
When completing this rigorous program, students receive a Bachelor’s Degree in International Culinary Arts Management (Institut Paul Bocuse, France), a Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts and Restaurant Management (Woosong University), and a Professional Certificate in Kitchen and Restaurant Management, registered with the French National Repertoire of Professional Certifications (RNCP) at level II (Bachelor).
- Courses are taught in English with French language courses required.
- Learn international gourmet cuisine from renowned chefs in an innovative, holistic, and conducive manner.
- Learn to use cutting edge culinary applications found in five-star hotels and top-class foodservice operations.
- Work with leading culinary brands and schools from countries like France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Singapore, and the UAE.
- Brand new, state-of-the-art European style kitchens; one of the most well-equipped teaching laboratories in Asia.
- Earn two degrees in Culinary Arts (Woosong University, South Korea and Institut Paul Bocuse, France).
Careers and opportunities
- Head, Catering or Private Chef
- Airline, Railway or Maritime Catering Manager
- Culinary Entrepreneur
- Pastry Chef
- Education and Training Consultant
- Culinary Production Consultant
- Catering Equipment Sales Manager or Sales Representative
Potential Career Paths
- Year 1 develop your curiosity and analytical skills
- Culinary and patisserie techniques
- Product knowledge
- Managing a restaurant business
- Human resources, interpersonal communication, modern foreign languages
- Individual supervision of your career project
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Year 2 : learn how to reason effectively
- Advanced culinary techniques
- Creative project: pop-up restaurant
- Food and menu design
- Team management
- Controlling and financial analysis
- Year 3 : earn how to make decisions and develop your confidence
- We’ll ask you to choose a specialization from one of the options in Gastronomic cuisine or Pastry
- Innovative culinary techniques
- Product chains and stock management