Table of Contents
Railroad & Transport Management
Creating International Railroad Experts with Global Perspectives
Global interest in high-speed train travel has created a growing demand for experts in Railroad Transportation. Ours is the only program in Korea taught completely in English by foreign faculties. Your career starts here!
You’ll learn everything from the basics of road-bed design to the sophisticated aspects of digital signaling, computer-aided design, project planning, global logistics, and more that make high-speed train travel possible. Student interaction with our local partner KORAIL (Korea Railroad Corporation) provides an in-depth understanding of railroad practicalities. If you would like to be at the forefront of railroad, logistics and transport management, then our program is the one for you.
Woosong University has significant experience in railway management and has received accolades of excellence for its performance in training high-speed bullet train operators. Since trains are rapidly becoming the 21st century’s preferred mode of transportation (due to their speed, level of comfort, environmental sustainability, and high passenger capacity), it is essential to offer this expertise to local and international students in the English language.
Job opportunities include positions in private and public railroad administration & management industries worldwide. Opportunities to gain hands-on experience with public and private companies can help you become most capable and knowledgeable among graduates at comparable academic institutions. Students also have the opportunity to participate in overseas internships.
- Railway Driver’s License
- Safety License
- Project Management Certification
- Knowledge of international railroad projects
- Control and management of railroad office operations
- Understand railroad layout and structure network
- Project management of the 4th Industrial Revolution (i.e. industry 4.0)
- Develop a cost-effective transportation plan for a business operation
- Locally based Korea Rail (KORAIL) enables opportunities for students to learn from practical R&D facilities.
- Learn the basics of railway operations, digital signaling, computer-aided design, project planning, techniques of global logistics and transport management
- Field trips to advanced railway sites and facilities
- Learn in a globally competitive, multicultural educational environment
- Active involvement in transport-related domestic & international conferences and exhibitions
- Job opportunities in private and public transport companies for technical, administration, marketing & management related positions around the world
- Student exchange opportunities with partner universities around the world
- Internships and placement opportunities with multinational companies in Korea and abroad.
Potential Career Paths
- Railroad construction engineer (civil / mechanical)
- Train Traffic Control Engineer (electrical / signal)
- Locomotive driver
- Station employee / staff
- Administrative staff such as: KORAIL / Metro trains / SRT, High-speed rail, light rail
- Project management at transportation-related corporations
- Officers at government’s Ministry of Transportation
- Global railroad safety officer
- Logistic and supply chain manager/ administrator
- Railroad Association manager/ administrator
Specialization & Specialized Courses
Railroad Structures, Railroad Engineering, Railroad Signaling Systems, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Computer Aided Design (CAD), Computer Programming, Logistics simulation, Microsoft Office Specialist
Global Railroad marketing, Railroad Quality Control Management, Project Planning, Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management, RiskManagement
Railroad System Theory, Electrical Traction Systems, Power Supply for Railroads, Materials for Railroad Construction, Regulations for Urban Railroad Driving
Railroad Control System, Urban Railroad System, Railroad Seminars