I. Program Category and Admission Category
1. Program Category: Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program (Program Category Type B).
2. Admission Category: Full-time Master’s Degree Programs and Doctoral Degree Programs.
II. Scholarship Coverage
Tuition, on-campus accommodation, living allowance, and Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
III. Application Requirements
1. The applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health condition. The planned enrolment quota of Chinese Government Scholarship can only be provided to new students, students who are currently studying in China can not apply for this scholarship.
2. To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for Master’s Degree Programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for Doctoral Degree Programs.
IV. Application Procedure
1. Applicants should complete the application procedure online. Please visit Chinese Government Scholarship Information Management System for International Students (http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina) to fill in the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship in Chinese or English (Agency Number of Yunnan University is 10673, Program Category is B), submit the completed form online, print a hard copy, and sign.
2. Applicants should complete online application by 8th April, 2022 China Standard Time. Overdue completion and/or incomplete information may result in failure in receiving the award.
V. Application Documents
Reminder: All the following documents should be upload on Chinese Government Scholarship Information Management System for International Students (http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina). All uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials. Notarized translation must be provided if any of the documents is not in Chinese or English.
1. The signed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
2. Personal ID photo, named after passport number (Photo reference format: 2-inch color crown-free ID photo. The white background has no borders, the head accounts for 2/3 of the photo size, the photo size is not less than 320 * 240 pixels, the aspect ratio is 4: 3, the size between 100 KB and 500KB, JPG format.)
3. Passport photo page.
4. Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
5. Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
6. A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 80 words.)
7. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English.
8. Applicants for music studies are requested to submit their own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
9. Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
10. Non-criminal record report.
11. Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose it in the application documents.
VI. Contact Information
Contacts: Ms. Chu, Ms. Fu
Fax: + 86-871-65183424
For more information, please visit the Official Website.