Founded in 1920, Harbin Institute of Technology has developed into an open, multidisciplinary, research-oriented, leading national university with science and engineering as its core, encompassing management, liberal arts, economy and law as a whole. After nearly 100 years development, HIT has formed a pattern of “One University, Three Campuses (Harbin/Weihai/Shenzhen)”. HIT is a founding member of the C9 league, and official alliance initiated by the Chinese government with nine top universities in Mainland China. In the US News ranking for the Best Global Universities for Engineering, HIT ranked No.2 in China and No.6 globally.
For international students out of China only who want to study master or PhD degree can apply for HIT Independent Recruitment Program. HIT Independent Recruitment Program covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, stipend and insurance fee. It is one of the programs of Chinese Government Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as CSC scholarship) and assigned from Ministry of Education (hereinafter referred to as MOE) to the university to recruit outstanding international students. Applicants need to submit the application materials according to school requirements. HIT will select the best applicants and recommend to the China Scholarship Council.
Type of Program: Master Degree & Doctoral Degree
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
- International students out of China or former graduates of Chinese universities.
- Educational background required and age limit:
Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35; Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Excellent performance in study.
- Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
Note: The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee;
- 800 RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
- Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates:
Master’s degree candidate: 3,000 RMB/month
Doctoral degree candidate: 3,500 RMB/month
The applicants need to provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate) and pay for the material assessment fee.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in duplicate).
The CSC Online Application System is available at: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ . Scholarship type: B code: 10213
2. Highest full-time study diploma (original notarized document in English or Chinese).
4. A study or research plan (not less than 800 words in English or Chinese). The format can be downloaded from official website: http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17.
5. Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in English or Chinese.
6. Passport copy (Valid for one year at least).
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
8. Bank Receipt of Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB
9. Language proficiency certificate
English medium courses: IELTS (5.5 or above) or TOEFL (80 or above) report (valid for two years)；Or English proficiency certificate provided by previous academic institutions
10. Certificate of No Criminal Record
11. Acceptance letter( not a must)
Applicants are encouraged to contact the professors prior to application and enclose the acceptance letter from supervisors of HIT.
Application Opening: October 15, 2019
Application Deadline: December 25, 2019
Please see the official website for detailed information.