RWTH Aachen University is proud to offer a scholarship to support your Master’s Studies at TGGS. The second year of the program is to be spent as a research stay at RWTH Aachen University. The scholarship is financed by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the German Federal Foreign Office. TGGS was founded as a joint project between DAAD, RWTH Aachen, and King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok (KMUTNB).
To successfully complete a 2-year international Thai-German Master’s Program in Engineering (8 different programs available) starting August 2020.
The scholarships are granted for the first academic year beginning August 2020. An extension to the second year will be granted according to your performance during the first year. The scholarship covers the tuition fees (partly funded by KMUTNB) and includes a monthly rate of 437 Euros towards your costs of living.
- Check the admission requirement and other related information here.
- Gather your application materials.
- Complete your application.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit your application to the TGGS Academic Affairs (via both e-mail and postal mail).
- Check whether additional documents are required, and submit them.
- Oral interview by TGGS committees
- Check for the announcement of admission results.
- A complete application form with 1″x1″ photo
- Two Letters of Recommendations
- One page of Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resumé
- Official copy of the final transcript
- Official copy of the English Proficiency test result
- Financial statement or bank certification (for self-support)
- Copy of Thai identification card (for Thai applicants) or passport (for international applicants)
- Proof of application fee payment (1,000 THB)
- For international students, additional important documents are required. Please consult the TGGS Application Procedure for more information on the extremely required important documents for international candidates.
Target group and selection process
Students from South-East Asian countries (not including Thailand) with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, an excellent academic record and good English skills. The selection process is highly competitive and will include interviews on June 11/12 2020.
For Enrollment in the First Semester (August-December)
- Open for application: January 1 of each year
- Deadline for DAAD Scholarship: April 15 of each year (due to the situation of COVID-19 around the world, the application deadline for DAAD Scholarship will be extended to May 31, 2020, for the academic year 2020 application)
- Deadline for non-DAAD: April 30 of each year (due to the situation of COVID-19 around the world, the application deadline will be extended to Round 2 May 31, 2020, and Round 3 June 30, 2020, for the academic year 2020 application)
For Enrollment in the Second Semester (January-May)
- Open for application: August 1 of each year
- Deadline: October 31 of each year
For more information, please visit Official Website.