Fujian Normal University (FNU), a century-old university based in Fuzhou, a historic cultural city known as “Land of Culture on the Coast”, is a time-honored and well-acclaimed provincial institution of higher learning. Founded as Fujian Superior Normal School in 1907 by the famous late-Qing scholar Chen Baochen, who once served as the teacher of China’s last emperor, the present-day FNU went through a few changes—merging with the former Hwa-Nan Women’s College of Arts and Sciences, Fukien Christian University and Fujian Provincial Teachers School respectively—to form Fujian Teachers College in 1953. In 1972, the University was renamed Fujian Normal University and has been thus referred to since then. In 2012, the Ministry of Education and the Fujian government began to jointly support the development of the University. FNU was designated as a provincial high-level university for prioritized construction in 2014 and as a provincial first-class university in 2018.
The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- be a high school graduate and no more than 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder and no more than 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder and no more than 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
All the documents should be in Chinese or English version.
- Application Form.
- Scanned copy of passport photo page.
- Notarized highest diploma and transcript.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- Study plan of degree scholarship program applicants.
- 2 reference letters from professors, associate professors or educational institutions.
- Copy of valid HSK Certificate (if available)
- Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
The Scholarship provides tuition fee, accommodation, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
Students will receive 11 months’ living allowance all together which is granted by month. The allowance criteria per person are:
Bachelor degree student: RMB 800 per month
Master degree student: RMB 1200 per month
Doctoral degree student: RMB 1600 per month
Please send all the soft copies to the university by email before May 30，2020.
Contact: Ms Wang
Address: Office of International Student Affairs,
International College of Chinese Studies, Fujian Normal University
No.8, South Xuefu Road, Shangjie, Minhou, Fuzhou, Fujian Province, P.R. China
Post Code: 350117
For more information, please visit Official Website.