The Korean Government Scholarship Program for undergraduate degrees is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for Bachelor-level degrees, which in turn will contribute to promoting the international exchange in education and to deepening the mutual friendship among countries.
Type of Program
Undergraduate Degrees (via Regional Universities for Natural Science and Engineering Majors)
(1) CITIZENSHIP: An applicant and his or her parents must be citizens of one the countries listed on the above chart in #2 of this guideline.
(2) AGE: An applicant must be under age 25 as of March 1, 2020 (Should be born after March, 1, 1995).
(3) HEALTH: An applicant must be in good health, both physically and mentally.
(4) LEVEL OF EDUCATION: An applicant must have graduated or be expected to graduate from a high school as of March 1, 2020
(5) GRADES: An applicant must maintain the overall grade point average (CGPA)
(6) An applicant should never have been awarded with any scholarship programs from Korea for an undergraduate degree program.
(7) An applicant must have no limitations in travelling abroad
(8) Applicants who have proficiency in the Korean or English language will be given preference.
(9) Descendants of the Korean War veterans will be given preference.
(10) Only Engineering and Science majors will be selected.
(11) Applicants from low income families or underprivileged backgrounds will be given preference.
(12) An applicant is restricted to apply either for the Embassy, the Regional University, or the Associate Degree track.
- Airplane Ticket or Airfare
- Monthly Stipend
- Settlement Allowance
- Scholarship Completion Grants
- Korean Language Training
- Medical Insurance
- Korean Proficiency Grants
Scholarship Period: March 1, 2020 ~ February 28, 2025 (1-year Language + 4-year Degree Program)
|early September 2019||[1st ROUND]Each university makes an announcement to open the application.Applicants must check the university’s announcement for the deadline.|
|September ~ October2019||The university conducts the first round of selection.Applicants submit the application documents to ONE university of their choice.Universities will conduct the interviews on applicants.|
|November 4, 2019||The universities forward the application documents of selected candidates to NIIED.|
|November 7 ~ November 182019||[2ND ROUND]NIIED conducts the second round of selection through a selection committee.NIIED announces the result of the second round of selection on the GKS Notice board at www.studyinkorea.go.kr.|
|~December 4||Candidates who pass the second round must submit the passport copy and the certificate of health (FORM 7) to the universities..|
|January 9, 2020||NIIED announces the final successful candidates on the GKS Notice board at www.studyinkorea.go.kr.|
|January ~ early February2020||The universities inform the scholars of their entry to Korea.Scholars must get their visa issued, check their entry flight itinerary and make preparations to enter Korea.|
|February 24 ~ 252020||Entry to Korea|
Please see the following website and links for more information.