The objective of the Art Major Asian plus (AMA+) Scholarship Program is to support students with artistic talents from developing countries for their conducting advanced studies and ability at Korea National University of Arts in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship among the countries.
Type of program: Undergraduate and Graduate
(1) Only those who hold a citizenship of the 142 countries (page 3) can apply for AMA.
(2) Have graduated or be scheduled to hold a high school/university degree by 28th Feb 2020.
- Applicants who apply for the master’s program must hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than a Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants who are expecting to graduate by 28th Feb 2020 must submit a certificate of expectant graduation when apply, and submit the official certificate of graduation (degree or diploma) to K-Arts no later than 28th Feb 2020.
(3) Have adequate health, both physically and mentally.
(4) Have no limitations in travelling abroad.
(5) Have outstanding artistic talents, gifted skills and an excellent academic record.
(6) Applicants should submit at least 3 recommendation letters. One recommended by the government, ministries, and diplomatic organizations, rector of public educational institution and/or head of government approved organizations could receive additional admission points.
(7) Applicants should enter to Korea by the end of October 2020 and take Korean language training.
* Applicants who hold TOPIK level 6 and prove reasonable schedule could be exempted by an agreement with AMA manager.
(8) Specific Qualification, Portfolio and Requirement by each department and major.
* Please refer to ‘APPENDIX 1’. Applicants can make own portfolio package for majors with no reference information.
- Application [Form 1]
- Self-Introduction [Form 2]
- Study Plan [Form 3]
- Personal Medical Assessment [Form 4]
- 3 Letters of Recommendation [Form 5]
* References signed within 6 months as of the date of submission only are available.
- Copy of diploma or certificate of (expected) graduation with Appostille.
- Official Transcripts(the most recently attended from high school)
- A Hard Copy of Passport
- Certificate of Korean or English Proficiency
(10) Certificates of relevant work experiences, award and/or other achievement (Optional)
(11) Portfolio (leave your name on each page or portfolio in case of missing)
|Airfare||The grantees will receive an airplane ticket between their country and Korea economy class, for entrance and graduation|
|Monthly Allowance||800,000won(KRW) per month|
|Korean Language Training||4-month intensive language training before entrance-full coverage|
|Tuitions||Full coverage(regular semesters only)|
|Medical Insurance||Limited coverage|
|February – May 2020||Open call for submission|
|30th June 2020||Application Deadline|
|August 2020||Final Notification of Admissions Decision|
|31st October 2020||Entry into Korea|
|November 2020-February 2021||Pre-Course: Korean Language Training|
|February 2021||Matriculation Ceremony|
For more information, please visit Official Website.