Chongqing University of Post and Telecommunications (CQUPT), founded in 1950, is one of the few universities that has been blue-printed and given priority to develop by the State. It has also grown into a prominent university and is acknowledged by its excellence in the field of information industry both within and outside China.
The university surrounded by mountains, is located in Nanshan Scenic of Chongqing Municipality, now covers an area of 730 acres with a building area of 700,000 square meters. There are over 24,000 students, including more than 3,000 postgraduates. It has a faculty of more than 1,600, and has about 100 well-known experts as well as more than 20 fellows who are visiting or part-time professors from the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering, as well as from countries like the UK, Canada, USA, Poland, and India. CQUPT has cultivated over 90,000 specialists in a variety of fields for more than 60 years, who are now known as the “cradle of specialists in the information industry”. Currently, CQUPT has 16 major departments, 53 undergraduate programs, 38 postgraduate programs, and 2 Ph.D programs.
Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC)
In order to promote the mutual understanding, cooperation and exchanges in various fields between China and other countries, the Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities.China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC), entrusted by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), is responsible for the enrollment and the administration of Chinese Government Scholarship programs.
CQUPT has now opened an application for Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) -Chinese University Program.
- To apply through Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications directly (Category B)
Supporting Categories and programs:
|Supporting Categories||Subjects||Teaching language||Duration|
|Master Programs||Management Science and Engineering||English or Chinese||3 years|
|Master Programs||Information and Communication Engineering||English or Chinese||3 years|
|Master Programs||Computer Science and Technology||Chinese||3 years|
|Doctoral Programs||Information and Communication Engineering||English or Chinese||3 years|
|Doctoral Programs||Computer Science and Technology||English or Chinese||3 years|
◆Full scholarship: Tuition waiver, fee on-campus dormitory (twin room), comprehensive medical insurance and Stipend (Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month)
◆Partial scholarship: one or some items of the full scholarship
Application time: December 1st , 2020 to April 40th, 2021
- Non-Chinese citizens, and in good health.
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- Language Proficiency Requirement
- English- taught programs: IELTS≧6.5 or TOEFL≧80 or equivalent or Native English speakers. Applicants who could not provide the above mentioned English test results will be required to attend the English test organized by CQUPT in May.
- Chinese -taught programs：HSK 4 or above. Applicants who have HSK 5 or above can apply for the major study directly, those who have HSK 4 can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year, and then move on to their degree study after meeting the requirement; Applicants who can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK test waiver.
- do not obtain other scholarships.
Step1: Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students: https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ The code of Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunication is 10617. Please Choose Program category —Category B, then submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy and sign it.
Step2: Complete the online application procedure at CQUPT InternationalStudent Service System: https://cqupt.17gz.org. Please choose your program:The Chinese government scholarship, and upload the required documents including the signed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and then submit online application form.
- Notarized highest diploma and transcripts (Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations); Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status and expected graduation date.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal （written in Chinese or English）;
- Two Recommendation Letters （written in Chinese or English）; Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor;
- A validity Copy of Passport Home Page
- Non-criminal record;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form.pdf (written in English, can be downloaded in the attachment).
- The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- The copy of valid HSK or English result Certificate （if available）
- Other documents, such as Papers or Articles Published or to be Published or Awards（if available）
- If you are studying in china now, please provide the performance of your study issued by your university.
Ø The acceptance letter from the CQUPT supervisor is not required. Therefore, it is unnecessary to contact with the university’s professor for the acceptance letter.
Ø Whether accepted or not, the document will not be returned.
Ø We will contact with you by email after we received your application documents. Please ensure that an accurate phone number, email address and mailing address (including postcode, city name) are provided.
Ø In addition to the above application document, the university has the right to require the applicant to provide other materials if it is necessary.
- The Scholarship will not be reserved if the recipient cannot register in CQUPT before the registration deadline (The registration time will be notified on the admission notice).
- The Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the scholarship.
- The Scholarship qualification will be reviewed annually. The scholarship could be suspended or canceled if you fail to pass the annual review.
For more information, please visit Official Website.