School of Ecology and Environmental Science (SEES) at Yunnan University was established based on Yunnan University’s strategy of building world renowned top regional university and establishing top ecology discipline of Chinese higher education. It mainly originates from School of Life Sciences.
The Ecology Discipline in Yunnan University is heir to a long tradition established nearly a century ago in 1937. Since the 1950s, scholars from three main plant ecology schools came to Yunnan Province and conducted research at Yunnan University. They had made great contribution to the development of Ecology in China. Hundreds of professors and scientists were trained as biologists and ecologists. The first ecological master program and doctoral program at Yunnan University started in 1956 and 1989, respectively. The post-doctoral scientific research station was established in 2013.
After seven decades of development, ecology of YNU has a great academic influence at home and abroad. In the 1990s, ecology, as provincial key disciplines and national 211 Project key disciplines, got a continuous development and was listed into national key disciplines at the 10th and 11th Five-Year Plan, becoming the only national key disciplines in ecology in the southwestern China. In 2012, the Ecology Discipline was ranked the second place at the National Discipline Ranking.
SEES has three undergraduate programs, namely Ecology, Environmental Science and Environmental Engineering. The undergraduate programs of both Ecology and Environmental Science are the national featured programs and key programs in Yunnan Province. SEES has built a comprehensive system to train professionals from bachelors, masters, doctors to postdoctoral.
Yunnan University Admissions for Chinese Government Scholarship Ecology Doctoral Degree (English Taught) Program 2021 is open now.
Admissions Category, Duration, and Language of Instruction
- Admissions Category: Ecology Doctoral Degree Program
- Duration: Duration of the scholarship which covers 4 academic years major study, as specified in the Admission Letter, cannot be extended in general.
- Instruction language: English
- Tuition, on-campus accommodation, living allowance, and Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
- The applicants must be Non-Chinese citizens in good health condition.
- To be eligible, applicants must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40.
- The English level needs to meet one of the following terms:
- from a country where English is the official language;
- have taken the IELTS (Academic) or TOEFL level test with an IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 90;
- have obtained a certificate in officially recognized English Level Test
- Applicants should complete the application procedure online. Please visit CGS Information Management System for International Students (http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina) to fill in the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship in Chinese or English (Agency Number of Yunnan University is 10673, Program Category is B), submit the completed form online , print a hard copy, and sign.
- Applicants should complete an online application by May 30th, 2021. Overdue completion and/ or in complete information may result in failure in receiving the award.
- Information of Ph.D. tutors in ecology at Yunnan University can be found on the website of the School of Ecology and Environment. (http://www.sees.ynu.edu.cn/ )
Reminder: All the following documents should be upload on CGS Information Management System for International Students (http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina). All uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use professional device to scan the relevant documents.
- Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.
- The signed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Personal ID photo, named after passport number (Photo reference format:2-inch color crown-free ID photo. The white back ground has no borders, the head accounts for 2/3 of the photo size, the photo size is not less than 320*240 pixels, the aspect ratio is 4:3, the size between 100KB and 500KB, JPG format.)
- Passport photo page.
- Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 800 words.)
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English
- Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete record s or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6months.
- Non-criminal record report.
- English language qualification certificate. e.g. IELTS or TOFEL report.
- Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose it in the application documents.
Admissions and Notification
- After assessment by experts from Yunnan University, the documents of qualified applicants will be delivered to the Education Department of Yunnan Province and National CSC, it is a merit-based enrollment.
- YNU will send the admissions documents to scholarship recipient at the end of June.
- Each applicant could only receive one scholarship supported by the CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM. If an applicant is recruited by more than one university, National CSC will reserve only one university’s scholarship qualification for this applicant.
- Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
- Scholarship will not be reserved if its recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
For more information, please visit Official Website.