Tianjin University, previously known as Peiyang University, was the first modern university in China. Since it was established in 1895, it has been an academic leader in research and teaching, living up to the university motto of “Seeking Truth from Facts”.
The university was renamed Tianjin University (TJU) in 1951. In 1959, it became one of the first National Key Universities and in later years was among the first group of universities to be included in the “211” and “985” projects which aim at developing world-class universities. TJU is equipped with experienced faculty and has distinctive disciplinary features. It is committed to constantly improving its education quality and level of scientific research in an effort to maintain its position as a world-class institution.
TJU welcomed its first batch of international students in the 1920s. Since then it has been home to more than 20,000 international students from over 140 countries/regions, and has become one of the best universities to study in China.
In order to deepen the education cooperation with the Belt and Road”countries and to cultivate professionals for these countries, the Ministry of Education P.R.C has set up the “Chinese Government Scholarship-Silk Road Program” since 2017. This scholarship program is provided to China’s high-level universities for recruiting the outstanding young students from “Belt and Road” countries to pursue degrees in China.
Supporting Categories and Scholarship Duration
|Program||Specialty Duration||Chinese Learning Duration||Scholarship Duration|
|Bachelor(taught in Chinese)||4-5 years||1 year||4-6years|
Qualification of Applicants
- Applicants must be a citizen of countries along the Belt and Road, and be in good health;For name list of B&R countries, please refer to: https://eng.yidaiyilu.gov.cn/info/iList.jsp?cat_id=10076
- Requirements for applicants’ degree and age: Be a high school graduate and under the age of 25;
- Language proficiency requirements: A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 195 or above) for Engineering/Science or HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for business/liberal arts is needed. Applicant who fail to meet the above requirement but has HSK3 (Score 180 or above) should take Chinese language courses for one year (fees covered by Chinese Government Scholarship), and start major studies after achieving the required language proficiency.
- Applicants should have good conduct, good physical and mental health, and be willing to abide by the laws and regulations of China and Tianjin University.
When and Where to Apply
Applicants should complete an Online Application on the website（tju.at0086.cn/student）according to the application schedule. Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System. Students who are admitted and nominated for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Silk Road Program need to log into the system of China Scholarship Council at http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/ within the specified time to submit the scholarship application(The Agency Number for Tianjin University is 10056;Choose Program Category Type B).
Application Schedule: Nov 15th, 2020-Mar 30th,2021
- Tuition waiver and accommodation on campus;
- Monthly Living Allowance: 2,500 RMB/month for Bachelor students;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
For programs covered by this scholarship, please click;( For reference only, final approved programs will be decided by CSC)
- Scan of original high school diploma or original notarized diploma. (Scan of pre-graduation certificate is required if the applicants have not gained certificate. Please resubmit the original highest diploma or original notarized diploma before registration).
- Scan of notarized copy of the high school academic transcripts or scan of international standardization test results (such as SAT/ACT/A-Level/AP/IB etc.).
- Photocopy of passport within the validity period. (Applicants who have immigrated to other countries or whose parent is a Chinese national should provide proof of time for naturalization, proof of renunciation of Chinese nationality and a visa record of recent four years.)
- Proof of Chinese or English proficiency (For specific requirements, please refer to Qualification of Applicants)
- Personal statement or study plan (600 words at least).
- Photocopy of foreigner physical examination form (The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please select the appropriate time to have medical examination as the medical results have a 6-month validity).
- Applicants who are now in China must submit scan of Photocopy of Visa and Transfer Certificate from present school.
- Certificate of Non-Criminal Records (Fresh high school graduates may submit a certificate instead that shows the applicant’s good record of conduct and performance in school, issued by their respective high schools).
- Other attachments.
- Scholarship applicants should submit CSC application form with signature.
- Applicants for architectural majors are requested to submit five sketches of the applicants’ own works.
- Applicants who are still under the age of 18 as of September 1st, 2021 must submit the original guardian certificate.
- Certificate of award etc.
Applicants are required to submit scanned images of all required documents at the time of application. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations are to be submitted together to the application system.
Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
TJU has the right to request the applicants to provide the original or notarized hard copies of application documents for further qualification checks if the uploaded documents are not sufficient. Applicants shall guarantee all the information and application documents submitted in this application are authentic and accurate, otherwise they will be disqualified from admission.
- Application: Nov 15th, 2020-Mar 30th, 2021
- TJU Review: March 30th to June 1, 2021;
- China Scholarship Council Review: Tianjin University will deliver materials of applicants who pass the TJU review to CSC and wait for the final admission results, normally from June 1 to June 30 (the exact date is decided by CSC each year);
- Result Release: Tianjin University will announce the admission result officially on website, and post Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to scholarship winners from July 1 to July 31;
- Registration: from the end of August to the early September, 2021.
For more information, please visit Official Website.