Yunnan University has 26 schools, nine research institutes, a teaching department for general courses, an affiliated hospital and a graduate school, with 16,682 full-time undergraduates and 13,537 full-time graduate students. It has 92 majors in undergraduate programs, 12 state-level featured majors, two state-level professional comprehensive pilot reform programs, 10 state-level quality courses, three state-level publicly-available quality courses, six state-level quality video open courses, four national bilingual teaching model courses, an MOE-IBM quality course, an MOE-INTEL quality course, and two MOE-IBM specialty comprehensive reform programs. The university also has four state-level key disciplines including ethnology, ecology, specialized history and microbiology as well as 52 provincial key disciplines. Thirteen of its primary disciplines and 91 of its secondary disciplines are authorized to offer PhDs, 14 centers offer post-doctoral studies, 38 primary disciplines and 205 secondary disciplines offer master’s degrees, and 22 disciplines offer professional master’s degrees. It has four national bases for talent cultivation, 3 national experiment teaching model centers, 3 national training programs for excellent engineers, 1 national educational training center for excellent practical and inter-disciplinary legal professionals, 4 national innovation experiment areas for talent cultivation model as well as 1 national pilot software school. It also has 1 national key research base for humanities and social sciences, 1 national educational base for cultural quality of college students, 1 national research center for cultural industry, 1 research center for national scientific decision-making consultancy, 1 Sino-Africa partnered academic center under “Sino-Africa Think-Tank 10+10 Partnership Program”, 1 provincial research center, 7 key research bases for philosophy and social sciences in Yunnan Province, 1 national key lab, 1 national model entity for technology transferring, 2 key labs jointly developed by Ministry of Education and Yunnan Province, 6 provincial key labs, 2 provincial bases for training of high-tech innovation talents, 4 provincial international joint research centers, 4 provincial engineering research centers, 5 provincial synergy innovation centers and 1 national Linux technological training and promotion center.
In addition to leading facilities and research centers Yunnan University is also home to many award-winning faculty members and outstanding scholars. The 2,899-strong faculty includes four national academicians, more than 50 experts enjoying special allowance from the State Council, and many recipients of national awards and beneficiaries of country-wide programs. Those include five participants in the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars and four recipients of the National Famous Teacher Award.
Admissions Category, Duration, and Language of Instruction
- Admissions Category: International Economic and Trade Bachelor Degree Program
- Duration: 4 academic years for bachelor students. The scholarship duration specified in the Admission Letter, cannot be extended in general.
- Instruction language: Chinese
- Tuition, on-campus accommodation, living allowance, and Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
- The applicants must:
- be Non-Chinese citizens in good health condition;
- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 with excellent grades;
- have achieved HSK level 4 with a total score no less than180.
1. Applicants should complete the application procedure online. Please visit CGS Information Management System for International Students (http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina) to fill in the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship in Chinese or English (Agency Number of Yunnan University is 10673, Program Category is B), submit the completed form online , print a hard copy, and sign.
2. Applicants should complete an online application by May 30th, 2021. Overdue completion and/ or in complete information may result in failure in receiving the award.
Reminder: All the following documents should be upload on CGS Information Management System for International Students (http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina). All uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use professional device to scan the relevant documents.
- Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.
- The signed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Personal ID photo, named after passport number (Photo reference format:2-inch color crown-free ID photo. The white back ground has no borders, the head accounts for 2/3 of the photo size, the photo size is not less than 320*240 pixels, the aspect ratio is 4:3, the size between 100KB and 500KB, JPG format.)
- Passport photo page.
- Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 800 words.)
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.
- Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6months.
- Non-criminal record report.
- Valid HSK Certificate.
Admissions and Notification
- After assessment by experts from Yunnan University, the documents of qualified applicants will be delivered to the Education Department of Yunnan Province and National CSC, it is a merit-based enrollment.
- YNU will send the admissions documents to scholarship recipient at the end of June.
- Each applicant could only receive one scholarship supported by the CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM. If an applicant is recruited by more than one university, National CSC will reserve only one university’s scholarship qualification for this applicant.
- Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
- Scholarship will not be reserved if its recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
- Contacts: Ms. Chu, Ms. Fu
- Tel: +86-871-65032910
- Fax: +86-871-65183424
- Email: email@example.com
For more information, please visit Official Website.