Established in 1949, Central University of Finance and Economics (CUFE), under the leadership of the Ministry of Education, is one of the leading comprehensive universities in China, covering extensive disciplines of law, arts, sciences and engineering, as well as being distinguished in economics and management. It is one of the 100 universities and colleges that Chinese government attaches top priority during the 21st Century.
CUFE offers 17 doctorate programs, 44 master programs, and 42 undergraduate programs. In addition, four special programs are offered: MBA, MPAcc, MPA, and J.M Key majors are in Applied Economics, which includes National Economics, Regional Economics, Finance, Public Finance, Industrial Economics, International Trade, Labor Economics, Statistics, Econometrics, National Defense Economics and Accounting..
Currently there are more than 15,000 students registered at CUFE including 8,000 full-time students. Among these students, about 300 are international students. Among a total of 670 full-time faculty members, 350 are professors and associate professors
- Foreign citizens in good physical and mental health.
- Doctoral applicants shall not exceed the age of 40 years old.
- Master’s applicants shall not exceed the age of 35 years old.
Master Degree Program
|School of Finance||Finance||3|
|School of Law||International Law||3|
|China Academy of Public Finance and Public Policy||Public Finance||3|
|School of Management Science and Engineering||Investment||2|
|Institute for Finance and Economics Research||Regional Economics||2|
|School of Finance||Finance*||2|
|School of Public Finance and Tax||Asset Valuation*||2|
|School of International Trade and Economics||International Business*||2|
|School of Management Science and Engineering||Engineering and Project Management||2|
|School of Culture and Communication||Journalism and Communication (Financial News)||2|
Doctoral Degree Program
|School of Finance||Finance||4|
|Institute for Finance and Economics Research||World Economy||4|
|China Academy of Public Finance and Public Policy||Public Finance||4|
- March 31st, 2021.
- Jan _ Mar. Application open
- Mar _ Apr. Document review
- Apr _ May Shortlisted applicants attend interview (online interview also available via wechat)
- Jun _ Interview results released
- July _ Aug. Final admission results released
List of Hard Copies Required
- Note: Please arrange documents in the sequence below
1. CUFE Application form
2. CSC Application form
3. A copy of your passport
4. for Master
- A copy of bachelor’s diploma or a certificate stating your student status and expected graduation date For Doctoral
- A copy of master’s diploma or a certificate stating your student status and expected graduation date
5. for Master
- Bachelor’s transcripts (original, in Chinese or English)
- Master’s transcripts (original, in Chinese or English)
6. Language proficiency certificate
Programs offered in Chinese:
- HSK-5 or above
*Applicants whose native language is Chinese can apply for a HSK waiver by submitting a signed statement (pending for university approval)
Programs offered in English:
- IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, or other standardized test results /proof of English proficiency (course certificate, etc)/signed statement applying for a English language proficiency waiver (pending for university approval)
7. A personal statement (Chinese program applicants are required to provide personal statement in Chinese)
8. 2 letters of recommendation (in Chinese or English)
9. Research Proposal (for Doctoral)
10. A copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Award certificates or other supporting documents
- All application documents should be in duplicate.
*All application documents must be in Chinese or English. Application documents and application fee will NOT be returned regardless of your admission status.
*All documents submitted must be true, accurate, and complete. CUFE reserves the right to withdraw offers of admission or expel enrolled students otherwise.
Important message regarding acceptance letter and interview
- After the deadline, documents will be sent to the admissions committee for academic review. Acceptance letter is NOT NEEDED. Acceptance letter and other documents not listed above will NOT BE INCLUDED in your portfolio.
Note: Interview/online interview invitations are only given to applicants who have passed the academic review. Applicants intending to attend an online interview should download the app wechat.
1. Submit CSC application at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/
Please note: Please select Type B, Central University of Finance and Economics (10034).
2. Submit CUFE online application http://sice.cufe.edu.cn/
3.Print application form generated at the last step of application, sign the form and mail it along with other hard copies to Office of International Admissions, Central University of Finance and Economics, No. 39 South College Road, Haidian, Beijing, China, 100081.
4. Pay 500 RMB application fee
5.Short-listed applicants attend interview (online interview also available)
6. Wait for admission results to be released (final results expected to release around August)
Wire Transfer Instructions
It is highly recommended that you wire transfer 500RMB to the university’s RMB account above, however, if this is not an option at where you are located, you may choose to wire transfer 75 USD to the following account:
- BENEFICIARY ACCOUNT NAME: CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMICS
- BENEFICIARY ACCOUNT NO: 10282000000618481
- BENEFICIARY BANK NAME: HUA XIA BANK
- BENEFICIARY ADDRESS: NO.11, FINANCIAL ST., XICHENG DIST., BEIJING，CHINA100034
- SWIFT (BIC): HXBKCNBJ030
Please make sure your name is put in the footnote.
Office of International Admissions
No. 39 South College Road, Haidian, Beijing, China
Filing a Complaint
- International student admissions is open to suggestions and criticism.
- To file a complaint, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit Official Website.