Fudan University comprises 17 full-time schools, 69 departments, 73 bachelor’s degree programs, 22 disciplines and 134 sub-disciplines authorized to confer PhD degrees, 201 master’s degree programs, 6 professional degree programs, 7 key social science research centers of Ministry of Education P.R.C, 9 national basic science research and training institutes and 25 post-doctoral research stations. It has 40 national key disciplines granted by the Ministry of Education, nationally third. At present, it has 77 research institutes, 112 cross-disciplinary research institutes, and 5 national key laboratories. See a list of schools and departments at Fudan.
Fudan University enrolls over 45,000, including full-time students and students in continuing education and online education. Additionally, there are nearly 1,760 international students, ranking second nationally.
Fudan University has a high-level research faculty of over 2,600 full-time teachers and researchers, including 1,350 professors and associate professors, 47 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering, nearly 660 doctoral supervisors, 26 special professors and 2 lecture professors of “Cheungkong Scholars Program”, 3 distinguished professors and 10 special professors of Fudan University, 6 principal scientists of Project 973 and 25 “Young Experts with Prominent Contributions to the Country”.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid ordinary passport, be in good health, have attained a degree (Bachelor’s degree or above for Master applicants, Master’s degree for Doctoral applicants) and meet the language requirements.
- Applicants for master programs should be under the age of 35; applicants for doctoral programs should be under the age of 40;
- Applicants should not be holding any other scholarship provided by Chinese governmentn
(1) For Chinese-taught programs:
|Art, Humanities and Social sciences||Level 5 (score 240 or above) or|
|Level 6 (score 180 or above)|
|Sciences, Engineering and Medicine||Level 5 (score 210 or above) or|
|Level 6 (score180 or above)|
If you have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree taught in Chinese in China, you may apply for exemption for HSK requirements.
(2) For English-taught programs, please refer to related admission requirements for each program.
Following applicants would not be accepted:
a. Applying for a joint degree program
b. Applying for language and literature programs of one’s native language or a third language, such as English and French, etc.
English Taught Postgraduate Program
Applications for postgraduate programs at Fudan University 2021 are now open. Two kinds of Scholarships are available:
- Chinese Government Scholarship (Chinese University Program)
- Shanghai Government Scholarship
Phase One: From December 10, 2020 to March 19, 2021 (Applicants may simultaneously submit scholarship application)
Phase Two: From March 29, 2021 to May 31, 2021 (only for self-funded application)
★Scholarships are used to fund students with excellent academic performance and financial difficulties. Under the same conditions, priority is given to submitting applications earlier.
★These two scholarships can be applied at the same time.
- Exemption from tuition fee, providing free on-campus accommodation Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Living stipend (Master student: 3000RMB/month, Doctoral student: 3500RMB/month).
How to Apply
Chinese Government Scholarship (Chinese University Program)
1. Visit http://www.campuschina.org to complete the application online. Print and sign the application form. (Program Category: Type B, Agency No.10246 for Fudan University)
2. Visit http://admission.iso.fudan.edu.cn to complete the application for study program. Please choose “Self-support” as the “fund source”. When filling in the application form, choose the option of “Chinese Government Scholarship” and upload the scholarship application form.
Shanghai Government Scholarship
1. Visit http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/apply/ to complete the application online. Print and sign the application form.
2. Visit https://iso.fudan.edu.cn/isoenglish/main.htm to complete the application for study program. Please choose “Self-support” as the “fund source”. When filling in the application form, choose the option of “Shanghai Government Scholarship” and upload the scholarship application form.
- The applicant may check the result by visiting the column “Notices” on ISO website http://iso.fudan.edu.cn .
1. For enquiry on majors, courses and exams, etc.
Please visit the website ( https://iso.fudan.edu.cn/isoenglish/wnlinewwpplication/list.htm ) to get the Contact Information of School/Department for Postgraduate Program of Fudan University 2021.
2. For enquiry on application eligibility and procedure, etc.
International Students Office, Fudan University
Address: 220 Handan Road, Shanghai, 200433, China
For more information, please visit Official Website.