Yunnan University has now gathered a galaxy of talents in liberal arts, science, law, technology, economics, agriculture, medicine, business administration, and fine arts, and has developed into a modern university featuring ethnology, biology, resource development and environmental protection, borderland research, and Southeast Asia and South Asia research. According to a recent discipline ranking released by the MOE, its ethnology, ecology and political science programs rank 2nd, 6th and 10th respectively in the country. According to the 2012 Essential Science Indicators, biology and chemistry at Yunnan University were among the top one percent of the world’s academic disciplines.
1. Must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport.
2. Applicants should obey the Chinese laws, comply with Yunnan University’s regulations, and respect Chinese customs and public ethical norms.
3. Applicants age range:
- Bachelor’s degree programs: 18-30 years old
- Master’s degree programs: 20-40 years old
- Doctoral degree programs: 22-45 years old
4. Health conditions conform with the “Health Examination Standard for Foreign Students” issued by the Ministry of Education of China.
5. Education background requirements:
- Students who graduated from a non- Chinese institute must have a degree recognized by the Ministry of Education of China.
1) Applicants for Bachelor’s degree programs must have obtained the graduation certificate of senior high school or above;
2) Applicants for Master’s degree programs must hold a Bachelor’s degree or above;
3) Applicants for Doctoral programs must have attained a Master’s degree.
6. Language requirements:
1) Applicants language proficiency for Chinese –taught programs;
- HSK level 4 with a total score no less than 180, valid for 2 year
2) Applicants language proficiency for English –taught programs;
- English language proficiency should meet relevant requirements.
7. GPA 2.8 out of 4 or above, or 70 out of 100 or above.
8. The applicant’s academic performance, academic level and language proficiency should meet the admission requirements of the major (test or interview).
9. Non-criminal record.
1. Online application
- Applicants who meet the prerequisites can apply online and submit relevant materials as required.
2. Application materials
- Notarized Chinese or English degree certificate of the highest level of education. Students who will graduate this year should provide a “Study Certificate” issued by their home Universities and its Chinese or English notarization.
- The original copy or notarized copy of high school transcripts.
- A photocopy of a valid passport
- A copy of HSK score report
- A copy of English proficiency certificate
- Two recommendation letters issued by professor or associate professors (Chinese or English)
- Any other certificates
- Personal ID photo, mark with passport number (photo format: color crown-free ID photo with white background without borders. The head accounts for 2/3 of the photo size which is no less than 320*240 pixels, the aspect ratio is 4:3, the file size between 100KB and 500KB, in JPG format)
- Proof of non-criminal record
- A portfolio of your own works in the form of CDs (only required from arts students). Applicants for music studies are required to submit their own musical works. Applicants for the fine arts programs must submit their own works including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works. Applicants for other majors may be required to submit other supplementary documents. Please refer to separate notice.
Note: Notarized translation must be provided if any of the documents listed above are not in Chinese or in English.
Application deadline: 30th April 2021 China Standard Time
- After comprehensive review, and tests or interview, the admission committee of Yunnan University decide on the final shortlist based on the results.
- Yunnan University will send the admission documents by the end of June.
- If granted scholarship, candidates are not allowed to alter either the major or the duration of study.
1. Application fee
- The application fee is 600 Chinese Yuan (CNY)/person, nonrefundable. Free for 2021.
2. Tuition of Bachelor programs
- Major in the first category: 10000 CNY/ person/ academic year
- Major in the second category: 11000 CNY/ person/ academic year
- Major in the third category: 15000 CNY/ person/ academic year
3. Tuition of Master programs
- Academic Master’s degree: 8000 CNY/person/academic year
- Professional Master’s degree: 8000 – 12000 CNY/person/academic year
4. Tuition of Doctor’s programs
- Doctoral degree: 10000 CNY/person/academic year
- The first category includes the majors of Philosophy, Economic, Law, Pedagogy, Literature, History and management.
- The second category includes the majors of Science, Engineering and Agronomy.
- The third category includes the majors of Art and Medicine.
- Tuition for English conducted majors will be 50% more on top of the base tuition/person/academic year.
Yunnan University Admission for International students 2021 are now open. International students can apply for the following types of scholarship:
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- International Chinese Language Teacher Scholarship
- Yunnan Provincial Government Scholarship
- Yunnan University Full Scholarship (including tuition and on-campus accommodation)
- Yunnan University Partial Scholarship (including 50% tuition and on-campus accommodation)
- The arrangement of on-campus accommodation depends on the capacity of the dormitory and the choice of students. The fees vary with accommodation conditions.
- International students are required to purchase the comprehensive insurance plan for foreign students upon the arrival in China.
- 800 CNY/person/year.
For more information, please visit Official Website.