China Agricultural University (CAU) is one of the top ranked key national universities in China. It is one of the universities listed in 211 and 985 Projects and directly subordinated to the Ministry of Education of P.R.China. Project 211 is a project of National Key Universities and colleges initiated in 1995 by the Ministry of Education of China. There are more than 1,700 standard institutions of higher education, with about 6 percent of them being 211 Project institutions. Project 985 is a project first announced by Chinese President Jiang Zemin at the 100th anniversary of Peking University on 4 May 1998 to promote the development and reputation of the Chinese higher education system. By the end of the first phase of the project, 34 universities were sponsored. In the second phase of the project, five more universities were added to the project, bringing the total number to 39. It was announced in September 2007 that the project will not admit other universities.
China Agricultural University (CAU) warmly welcome international students apply for Chinese Government Scholarship and study at CAU.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarships
- Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Students: 4 academic years
The instruction language could be either Chinese or English. (Please see Attachment Ⅰ for available programs). Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese are required to take one year Chinese language course prior to the academic study if their Chinese is not qualified. Only by passing the examinations after the Chinese language course, could they start their academic studies. The one-year Chinese language study is also covered by the scholarship.
Criteria and Eligibility
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- GPA above 3.0;
- Last diploma obtained from a institution with well academic reputation;
- Applicant has relatively strong academic background in the field he/she intends to apply;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s degree programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral degree programs;
- hold at least HSK 4 level 180 or above certificate for Chinese-medium program.
This is a full scholarship which covers
- Tuition waiver
- Medical insurance
Note: International travel expenses: self-afforded.
If you want to know more detail of the scholarship, please visit the website at: http://www.campuschina.org/.
- Register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register and register to fill in and print the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship after submitting it online. Please submit the form again if you made any changes on it. (Program Type: B, CAU Agency No.: 10019)
- Register and submit your online application at ChinaAgricultural University Online Application System for International Students at http://apply.cau.edu.cn.
- Submit all your application documents (in Chinese or English)to CAU International Student Office before March 15th.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in DUPLICATE)
- CAU Application Form for International Students(Apply on http://apply.cau.edu.cn)
- Two recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English
- Personal Statement
- Notarized highest diploma(degree certificate) and transcripts（the original and copy of each one, issued directly by your school/university or public notary office with an official stamp）. Prospective diploma recipients should submit an official pre-graduation certificate, transcript and on-school performance certificate issued by your current school, the pre-graduation certificate should prove not only your current student status, but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English should attach notarized Chinese or English translations. (Bachelor Degree is required for Master programs and Master Degree is required for Doctoral programs).
- Applicants who have ever worked , need to submit the original working certificate.
- HSK Report or other Chinese Language Certificate for Chinese-medium program ;Valid English level certificate for English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
- A study or research plan written in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words)
- Scanned copy of valid ordinary passport (personal information page, validity of passport should be at least until Dec. 31, 2020).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if applicable)
- Acceptance letter from the professor of China Agricultural University (if available)..
Languages of Instructions and Teaching
Although most of the CAU professors and Supervisors can communicate in English, at the moment, most of the main courses are still instructed in Chinese. applicants must hold at least HSK 4 level or above certificate for Chinese -medium program.
Admission and Enrollment
- China Agricultural University (CAU) will organize professional experts to review materials of applicants, which will be reported to the Chinese Government Scholarships Council(CSC) for approval. CAU will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form (JW201) to successful applicants then.
- Accepted Students must register on time according to CAU’s requirements. Those who are not on time with no reasons will be canceled of CSC Scholarship as well as admission of CAU.
- Those who have unqualified Physical Examination will be canceled of CSC Scholarship as well as admission of CAU.
- The Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the scholarship.
- According to the regulations from CSC, scholarship students will take annual evaluation organized by the host University. Those who pass the evaluation could have the opportunity for next year’s scholarship.
For more information, please visit Official Website.