Chiang Mai University (CMU) is offering 200 Graduate Level Full Scholarships per year, starting from the st Semester (August) of the 2019 academic year: an exciting opportunity to study at CMU for both Thai and foreign persons who possess a high potential and who meet our requirements.
Doctoral Degree Scholarships: 100 (in total per year)
Master’s Degree Scholarships: 100 (in total per year)
Termination of the Scholarship (for both Doctoral and Master’s Levels)
- Lack of a full-time student status or the eligibility to apply for the scholarship
- Unable to live in Thailand due to the Laws, Rules or Regulations of Thailand or any other reasons.
- Any other reason(s) that the advisor or Faculty/College/School/Institute has proposed to terminate the scholarship and the scholarship committee has approved the decision, e.g., unable to study, not well performed, lack of study progress, etc.
To be considered for this grant, the applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- For Doctoral Degree Level: Applicants needs to hold the bachelor and masters degree. In case the applicant has studied a master’s degree program with a thesis only, the applicant must have published a good publication or gained good results in their thesis work. Research Plan provides a description, about 3-5 pages, explaining the research plans at Chiang Mai University.
- For Master’s Degree Level: Candidate needs to hold a bachelor degree. An international or a regular graduate program while doing a Master’s Thesis (Type 1 or 2) only is applicable. International programs or programs taught in English will be considered more highly. Research Outline of the program applied for. At least 2 pages detailing the research outline, in addition to previous research experiences and the research work presented at the meeting and/or published to date.
- Tuition Fee: THB 50,000 to 200,000
- Life, accident and health insurance: THB 3,000 per year
- Books and Stationery: in lump sum THB 3,000 per semester
- Living Allowance (Food, Accommodation, Local Travelling): THB 12,000 per month while staying in Thailand
- Settlement Allowance: THB 6,000 on arrival
- Thesis Publication Allowance: in lump sum THB 6,000
- Air Fare or any other travel expenses from home town/city/country to CMU, and from CMU to home town/city/country: as per actual cost with a maximum of THB 15,000 per trip
Application Period : 18th February 2020 to 30th April 2020.
For more information, please visit Official Website.