In 2012, in an effort to further strengthen the educational exchange and cooperation between Fujian Province and the rest of the world, and to promote the healthy development of education for international students, Fujian provincial government set up scholarships for international students studying in degree programs.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Educational background and age limits (as of September 1, 2020):
(1) Bachelor’s programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 30;
(2) Master’s programs: hold a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 35;
(3) Doctoral programs: hold a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 40.
XMU Bachelor’s Programs on Offer for 2020 Entry
XMU Master’s Program on Offer for 2020 Entry
XMU Doctoral Programs on Offer for 2020 Entry
Scholarships Coverage and Duration
1. Standard of scholarships: RMB 30,000/year for bachelor’s programs; RMB 40,000/year for master’s programs; RMB 50,000/year for doctoral programs.
2. Distribution of scholarships: Scholarships awardees of the 2020 cohort need to first complete registration as a self-supporting new student, and pay all the fees required for study within the stipulated time. The University will return the relevant fees that were originally paid by the recipients in accordance with the scholarships’ content in around 2021 Spring.
3. Duration of scholarships: 1 year.
The University will select the best candidates from the pool of students who have passed the review to apply for the scholarship again in the following year. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to the Fujian Provincial Department of Education for final approval.
Application Period: February 1 to April 15, 2020
Selection and Notification
Applications for the scholarships will be evaluated on a competitive basis through an open, fair and impartial process. A comprehensive review will be conducted on applicants’ academic records, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor’s comments. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to the Fujian Provincial Department of Education for final approval.
The final results will be published at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn in around November and December. Scholarships awardees will be notified via email.
Add.: XMU’s Admissions Office, Fujian Province, China (Postcode: 361005)
Tel: 0086 (0)592 2184792/2188375
Fax: 0086 (0)592 2180256
For more information, please visit Official Website.