National Cheng Kung University (NCKU) was established in 1931. It is renowned for engineering, technology, architectural design and medical teaching and research. NCKU is one of Taiwan’s leading integrated research universities, and has nine colleges covering the fields of Liberal Arts, Sciences, Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Management, Medicine, Social Sciences, and Bioscience & Biotechnology. NCKU currently offers 40 undergraduate degree programs, 76 master’s degree programs and 54 doctoral programs. NCKU also has a national-level medical center and established the Research and Service Headquarters (RSH) in 1996, the first of its kind nationwide, which features more than 60 research centers.
Type of Program: Masters/MPhil & Ph.D
- Applicant must qualify for legal student status in compliance with Article Two of the Ministry of Education’s “Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”.
- Upon completion of the course of study, at a school in Taiwan, to which an international student has applied, the student’s admission to higher academic levels shall be handled in a manner identical to the procedures of admission for local students, except that an application for master’s degree or higher level of graduate studies can be processed under the rules of each individual school.
- International students who withdraw from university/college after admission due to behavior issues, poor academic performance or a conviction under the Criminal Code may not thereafter apply again for admission under “MOE Regulation Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”.If a student wishes to transfer from another university in Taiwan, he or she should still apply as a new student, and notify the original university according to their rules.
- During the course of study in Taiwan, international students, who are approved for initial household registration, resident registration, naturalization or restoration of their ROC nationality, will lose their international student status and shall withdraw from school.
- Complete the online application form
- Applicants should register online (http://admissions.oia.ncku.edu.tw/en) first, and the form “Application for Admission of National Cheng Kung University” can be completed online.
- In case of missing information, please provide a valid contact telephone number and email address, provide a correct address for mailing notification use, as well as passport ID number and birthday for confirmation use.
- Applicants should download and print the “Declaration” form from our website; sign and upload the scanned file to complete the application.
- The highest degree diploma verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
- Undergraduate program applicants: High school diploma (or above)
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree diploma (or above)
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree diploma (or above)
- The official transcripts by years verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
- Undergraduate program applicants: High school transcript (or above) by year
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree transcript (or above) by year
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s and Bachelor’s degree transcripts (or above) by year
- A financial statement verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
- Two recommendation letters
- Identity card and(/or) passport, the ROC alien resident certificate (if available), and the Certificate of the R.O.C. Non-Household Registration, or other credentials ( if applicable)
- Study plan
- English(/Chinese) autobiography
- Academic thesis or relevant publications (for Ph.D. program applicants)
- Additional requirements by the intended department/institute (if applicable)
- Application fee NOT REFUNDABLE
Spring 2021 Application
Start Date – July 10, 2020 , Due Date– October 10, 2020
Tuition waiver + Monthly stipend TWD 6,000/month for 12 months.
For more information, please visit Official Website.