Huazhong Agricultural University Scholarship (HZAUS) is established by Huazhong Agricultural University (HZAU) to encourage and support some excellent Bachelor’s or Master’s foreign students of HZAU to continue studying at HZAU as Master’s or Doctoral students.
Huazhong Agricultural University ( HZAU ) is based in Wuhan, Hubei province in central China. It was founded during the Qing Dynasty in 1898 by Zhang Zhidong – then the governor of Hubei and Hunan province – as the first Agricultural School in China. With a history tracing back to The Hubei Farming School founded that same year, HZAU enjoys a history of over 120 years.
Examples of areas we have made great leaps forward are: hybrid canola seeds, green rice, high-quality pigs, animal vaccines, premium citrus, and test-tube potatoes among others. All in all we have been ranked among the world’s top 1% of ESI in Agricultural Sciences, Plant and Zoology, Chemistry, Biology and Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Microbiology, Environment and Ecology, Engineering, Pharmacology and Toxicology. HZAU is also on the list of “Double-First Class” initiative released in 2017, with five disciplines including Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Biology, Horticulture, Crop Science, and Agricultural Economics & Management.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 45.
- Tuition waiver.
- Accommodation: Free university dormitory
- HZAU requires students to live on campus in principle. HZAU will provide each Doctoral student a single room, while provide a twin room shared by two Master’s students.
- Master’s students: 2,100 RMB/month;
- Doctoral students: 2,500 RMB/month.
- Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from HZAU each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving.
- Comprehensive medical insurance. (Please visit http://www.campuschina.org and refer to Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners staying in Chinafor insurance policy.)
|1||The application form printed from Application System: http://studyin.hzau.edu.cn/.|
|2||Highest diploma or degree certificate; or an official Certificate of expected graduation for the ones still on campus|
|4||Two recommendation letters by professors/associate professors of correlated disciplines Recommendation Letter for Huazhong Agricultural University|
|6||Duplication of the Passport|
|7||Physical examination record|
|8||Other auxiliary supporting materials (such as: award certificates, academic papers published, English or Chinese Language Proficiency certificate, special skill certificate like dancing, sports, etc.)|
|9||An Acceptance Letter from a professor of HZAU Acceptance Letter|
①Original documents should be submitted. However, should they be unavailable, copies must be authorized by the issuing institution or notarized by a public notary.
②Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with certified translations in Chinese or English.
③Please submit the hardcopies of application required documents to the required postal address:
No.515, Students’ Comprehensive Service Building, International College, Huazhong Agricultural University, No. 1, Shizishan Street, Hongshan District, Wuhan 430070, P.R.China
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020
① Chinese Medium Program: Applicants should submit a score report of a recognized Chinese Proficiency Test. HSK level 5 or above (Note: HSK refers to Chinese Proficiency Test. You can find information on the website: www.chinesetest.cn) is required. If the applicant has no elementary Chinese study experience, he or she can pass HSK level 5 by attending Chinese Language Program for one academic year before the start of Academic study.
② English Medium Program: It is better if applicants can submit a score report of a recognized English Proficiency Test such as TOEFL (IBT 80), IELTS 6.0 or higher; or other official English test recognized by HZAU. Failing to demonstrate one’s English proficiency may adversely affect one’s candidacy for acceptance.
③ Every applicant should discreetly choose medium program. HZAU will respect every applicant’s choice during the application time, while it is forbidden to change the medium program once anyone gets admission.
Sholarship winners Announcement :
The scholarship winners will be announced before 15th, July on the website: http://ic.hzau.edu.cn/.
Getting Admission package:
The scholarship winners can come to International Student Office, International College, HZAU to get admission package including Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) before 15th, July.
Visa: The scholarship winners should come to International Student Office, International College, HZAU to extend the visa before 10th, July.
For more information, please visit Official Website.