KAIST is the first and top science and technology university in Korea. KAIST has been the gateway to advanced science and technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship, and our graduates have been key players behind Korea’ innovations. KAIST will continue to pursue advances in science and technology as well as the economic development of Korea and beyond.
KAIST’s main campus is located in Daejeon, 160 km south of Seoul, the capital city of Korea where its College of Business is located. Daejeon, with a population of approximately 1.5 million, serves as a hub of science and innovation. More than 200 research institutes, including the R&D facilities from the public and private sectors are located in Daedeok Science Town in Daejeon, which is referred to as Daedeok Innopolis.
To apply for a KAIST graduate program, international applicants must satisfy ALL of the following requirements :Degree Requirement For Master’s Degree Program
- Applicants hold or expect to hold a bachelor’s degree before enrollment at KAIST.
For Doctoral Degree Program
- Applicants hold or expect to hold a bachelor’s and master’s degree before enrollment at KAIST
- Bachelor’s degree must be equivalent to a Korean Bachelor’s degree which takes four years of study * learn and compare with the Korean system at WHED.
- University degree requiring four years of study
- Three-year Bologna compliant Bachelor’s degree
- The first cycle qualification in the framework of qualifications for the European Higher Education Area (EHEA)
- Bachelor’s degree with honors in British pattern education
- Cases other than above should provide a supplement to prove the equivalency.
Applicants are not a citizen of Korea
- Korean citizens who hold dual citizenship are not eligible for applying as international students.
International applicants of Korean ethnicity, regardless of place of birth, MUST additionally satisfy ONE of the two requirements below:
- Neither of the applicant’s parents is a citizen of Korea
- The applicant must have received his/her entire elementary, junior high, and high school education OUTSIDE of Korea at the comparable and equivalent level of those provided in Korea.
- In this case, international schools located in Korea are not acknowledged as foreign schools. Applicants of Korean ethnicity who completed their entire education (elementary, junior high, high school, and undergraduate) outside of Korea should submit the Certificate of the Facts Concerning the Entry & Exit issued by the Korean Immigration Office. The certificate should have been issued recently.
- International students of Korean ethnicity who do not meet at least one of the conditions above CANNOT apply for International Admissions. Instead, they must apply for Korean Admissions
Financial Support : https://admission.kaist.ac.kr/intl-graduate/kaist-scholarships/
Procedure at a Glance
Step 1: Visit our website and apply.
- Please click on Online Application.
- Complete the application for graduate admission according to the instructions.
Step 2: Check whether all the information is correct and save the file.
- Please note that after paying the application fee, you will not be allowed to modify your application and the fee will not be refunded.
- Therefore, you need to make sure all the information you entered is correct and final before paying the application fee.
Step 3Pay the application fee.You can pay the application fee by credit card. The application fee is USD 80 or KRW 80,000.Step 4Print out your online application form.
- Please note that the application number should be kept for further procedures and to check the final admission decision.
Step 5Send a hardcopy of application with all supporting materials to KAISTSend a hard copy of the online application along with all supporting materials to the Graduate Admission Team, KAIST.
- Please note that those who do not send a hard copy of the required materials to the Admissions Office will be excluded from the evaluation process even if the online application is complete.
- Recommendation letters will be received electronically through the online application instructions. Therefore, a hard copy of the recommendation letters is not necessary.
Information you need to know:
- Document Submission: Send your application package via registered post mail or express mail. You may also visit our office and submit the documents in person.
- Deadline of Document Arrival: To be announced in the guideline for each admission term.
- Address: # 110, 1st Floor, E 16-1 B/D291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141 Republic of Korea, Graduate Admissions Team, KAIST
- Office: +82-42-350-2352, 2354
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Step 6Check whether your package has been received.
- You can find out whether your package and recommendation letters have been received by the Admissions Office through OUR WEBSITE
- If you have any missing documents, your status will be indicated as incomplete
- Please make sure whether all the required documents are included in your package, and send us supplementary documents, if required, by the deadline.
Step 7Check your e-mail at regular intervals.
- If necessary, the reviewing department will reach you for an interview.
- After the interview, visit our website for the decision notification – to be announced in the guideline for each admission term.
- You can check the result at THIS LINK
Required Admission Materials: https://admission.kaist.ac.kr/intl-graduate/required-application/
Application Timeline: https://admission.kaist.ac.kr/intl-graduate/timeline/
To Apply – https://apply.kaist.ac.kr/intergradapply