KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) is the first and best science and technology research university in Korea, founded by the government in 1971. KAIST aims for competitive research convergence based on basic science and technology innovations and globalization. KAIST has three campuses: the main and IT convergence campuses are located in Daejeon (a science and technology cluster) and the Business School is in Seoul. KAIST focuses on core technologies such as biotechnology, information technology, nanotechnology, urban space and systems, and EEWS (energy, environment, water, and sustainability). Enjoying its ideal location in Daedeok Innopolis, a district in Daejeon known as the Korean Silicon Valley, KAIST engages in various research collaborations with neighboring research institutions, internationally-renowned universities, and industry in order to stimulate the creative economy. KAIST offers interdisciplinary academic and research programs in the following colleges: Natural Sciences, Life Science & Bioengineering, Engineering, Information Science & Technology, Business, and Liberal Arts and Convergence Science.
The scholarship is fully funded and provides full tuition fee waiver, living expenses, and national Health insurance. The programme wants to select students who meet the goal of fostering science talents that contribute to the nation and society.
Type of Program: Undergraduate
- Applicants of International Student Admission
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 8 semesters
- Living expenses: 350,000 KRW per month
- Medical Health insurance
- We offer KAIST Scholarships to admitted students
- Students must maintain GPA over 2.7 out of 4.3 at KAIST after their freshman year.
KAIST has three application cycles: EARLY, REGULAR, and LATE.
|Application window opens||Mar.2. 2020|
|Deadlines||Application&Documents||May. 22. 2020|
|Recommendation Letter||May. 29. 2020|
|Admission announcement||Jun. 19, 2020|
|Reply to KAIST||Jul. 10, 2020|
|Academic year begins||Fall 2020|
- Please note that the dates for Admission Announcement are subject to change.
- Submit your completed application and documents by 5:00 p.m.(KST) on the application deadline.
- Interview is NOT required for all applicants. Applicants will be contacted through individual email if an interview is necessary.
- After you pay the application fee, you are not allowed to change your application track (i.e: from Early to Regular or Late).
Online Submission & Platform
- High School Profile
- High school / University Transcript
- English Proficiency Test Report
- Standardized Official Test Score Report
- Passport or National ID Copy
- Statement of Financial Resources
- Honors and Awards (Optional)
Only for International Candidates of Korean Origin
- Certificate of the Facts Concerning the Entry & Exit
- issued by the Korean Immigration office
- Loss of Korean Nationality
For more information, please visit Official Website.