KAIST International Student Scholarship
KAIST has three application cycles: EARLY, REGULAR, and LATE.
|EARLY||Application window opens||Sep.1, 2020|
|Deadlines – Application&Documents||Oct. 23, 2020|
|Deadlines – Recommendation Letter||Oct. 30, 2020|
|Admission announcement||Jan. 4, 2021|
|Reply to KAIST||Feb. 7, 2021|
|Academic year begins||Spring 2021/ Fall 2021|
|REGULAR||Application window opens||Nov.9, 2020|
|Deadlines – Application&Documents||Jan. 8, 2021|
|Deadlines – Recommendation Letter||Jan. 15, 2021|
|Admission announcement||Mar. 26, 2021|
|Reply to KAIST||May. 15, 2021|
|Academic year begins||Fall 2021|
|LATE||Application window opens||Mar.1, 2021|
|Deadlines – Application&Documents||May. 28, 2021|
|Deadlines – Recommendation Letter||May. 31, 2021|
|Admission announcement||Jun. 18, 2021|
|Reply to KAIST||Jul. 10, 2021|
|Academic year begins||Fall 2021|
- Please note that the dates for Admission Announcement are subject to change.
- Submit your completed application and documents by 5:00 p.m.(KST) on the application deadline.
- Interview is NOT required for all applicants. Applicants will be contacted through individual email if an interview is necessary.
- After you pay the application fee, you are not allowed to change your application track (i.e: from Early to Regular or Late).
- USD 80
- KRW 80,000
Payment can be made by credit card or bank transfer after writing application form online. Additional charges (i.e. bank charges) should be covered by applicants. Please note that application fee is non-refundable and you cannot modify application form once you pay the application fee.
- Applicants of International Student Admission
International candidates must meet all of the following requirements:Spring Semester, 2021 (EARLY only)
- Candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by February 28th, 2021.
Fall Semester, 2021
- Candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by August 31st, 2021.
Applicants with foreign citizenship
- Applicants who hold Korean Citizenship(dual citizenship) are not eligible to apply as foreign students
- International applicants MUST ADDITIONALLY satisfy one of the following two requirements:
- Neither of the applicant’s parents is a Korean citizen, or
- For applicants of Korean Origin, he/she must have received his/her entire elementary, junior high, and high school education outside of Korea at a comparable and equivalent level of that provided in Korea.
- Note that international schools located in Korea are NOT acknowledged as foreign schools.
- Applicants who completed or will have completed high schools in Korea (국내에 거주하는 국내 고교 출신 외국인 학생) are also welcomed to apply to KAIST Undergraduate program.
We do not have transfer program for international students. You have to apply as a freshman student.
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 8 semesters
- Living expenses: 350,000 KRW per month
- Medical Health insurance
- We offer KAIST Scholarships to admitted students
- Students must maintain GPA over 2.7 out of 4.3 at KAIST after their freshman year.
International students of Korean origin who do not meet one of the eligibilities above should apply through Korean Admissions.KAIST students hold an undeclared major during their freshman year. At the end of their second semester, students can choose whichever major they want. There is no quota for each department/major.
- Same as Admission Application
- There is no separate process for applying scholarship
- Just check “KAIST scholarship” on the Statement of Financial Resources section on online application for admission.