Kaohsiung Medical University (originally known as Kaohsiung Medical College) was formally established in 1954. Apart from being the first private medical university in the university has also become an important cradle for highly-skilled physicians and medical-related specialists. Kaohsiung Medical University was a center of both medical care and the study of local tropical medicine in the early days. The colleges set aside its tropical disease research mission after the World Health Organization announced that was no longer a tropical disease endemic area, and turned its full attention to the steadily evolving areas of basic medical science and clinical medical research. The university has also continued to strengthen its medical services. Kaohsiung Medical University therefore has laid a solid foundation as southern’s leading medical institution. After Kaohsiung Medical College became a university in the summer of 1999, it seized this opportunity to move faster and further and attain to the highest standards in teaching, research and service. The shared vision of everyone at Kaohsiung Medical University is to make the university a modern, forward-looking institution striving for excellence in both academics and medical care. Kaohsiung Medical University has all the strengths of a well-established university. There is a wide range of medical related courses, and the facilities both for basic and clinical research are sufficient and of a good quality. The University is located in city center of Kaohsiung, the second biggest city in , which has all the attractions and excitement of city life.
Kaohsiung Medical University (originally known as Kaohsiung Medical College) was formally established in 1954. There is a wide range of medical related courses and the facilities both for basic and clinical research are sufficient and of a good quality.
1) KMU scholarship
- Type A: One year tuition waived, NTD 10,000 stipend per month, and dormitory/housing accommodation coverage.
- Type B: One year tuition waived and dormitory/housing accommodation coverage.
- Type C: One year tuition waived.
*Undergraduate students can only apply for Type C, Master’s students can apply for Type C and Type B, Ph.D. students can apply for all types of the scholarship. Failure to follow the instructions above may affect the result of application.
*Applicants who intend to apply for KMU scholarship must complete and submit scholarship application form concurrently with admission application form.
2) TaiwanICDF Scholarship
- International students who apply for M. Sc. Program in Tropical Medicine at KMU may be qualified for Taiwan ICDF Scholarship.
- Applicants who possess a non-R.O.C. nationality shall meet the Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan (Ministry of Education).
*Please refer to KMU Application Guidelines for International Students, the status eligibility and educational eligibility are provided.
- Undergraduate Program: A senior high school diploma acquired from an overseas senior high school or a foreign or bilingual school in Taiwan shall be recognized by M.O.E. and verified by R.O.C. representative office.
- School of Post-Baccalaureate Medicine: A Bachelor’s degree or higher obtained from a university or an independent college recognized by M.O.E. should be verified by R.O.C. representative office.
- Master’s Program: A Bachelor’s degree or higher obtained from a university or an independent college recognized by M.O.E. should be verified by R.O.C. representative office. Should the applicant holds a Bachelor’s degree from a university in Taiwan, proof records are required to indicate that the applicant obtained the Bachelor’s degree in Taiwan with an international student status.
- Ph.D. Program: A Master’s degree or higher obtained from a university or an independent college recognized by M.O.E. should be verified by R.O.C. representative office. Should the applicant holds a Master’s degree from a university in Taiwan, proof records are required to provide to indicate that the applicant obtained the Master’s degree in Taiwan with an international student status.
Application Schedule for Fall Intake 2021
- Application Period: December 18, 2020 – March 31, 2021
- Written Examination or Interview ((Subject to each Institute): April 8, 2021 – April 23, 2021
- Application Result: May 20, 2021
- Enrollment: September 2021
List of Programs
Online Application Procedure
- Visit Application Website, choose [Undergraduate Program] or [Master/Ph.D.], the degree program you wish to apply. Register for personal account. Applicants may apply for up to 3 programs.
- Read carefully the Declaration and agree the terms of application. Please be informed that if any required fields on the application form is blank, it will not be saved successfully. Applicant can choose way of submission of the application documents, either by uploading the files or mailing the hard copies. Application without online registration will not be accepted.
- Upload all required files and submit application fee (applicants of School of Post-Baccalaureate Medicine only). Applicants who choose to submit “By Express Mail” have to sent out the complete application documents by registered mail and be postmarked on/before the application deadline.
- After filling out the application forms, print it out and sign then upload the scanned copy of the form.
- Set up at least 2 respective referrers for each program applied.
- Click the button “Submit Application” to complete online application.
Address: No.100, Shiquan 1st Rd., Sanmin Dist., Kaohsiung City, Taiwan (R.O.C.), Email: email@example.com
For more information, please visit Official Website.