National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) was established in Taiwan in 1958. After undergoing 60 years of development and refinement, it boasts outstanding performance in the fields of information and communications, basic research, biotechnology, humanities and social sciences, management and law. At present, the total number of students stands at more than 14,000. There are 12 colleges, including the College of Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Computer Science, College of Science, College of Engineering, College of Biological Science and Technology, College of Photonics, International College of Semiconductor Technology, College of Management, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Hakka Studies, School of Law and College of Artificial Intelligence.
- Application form
- Study plan
- Official degree certificate*
- Full official transcript(including description of grading, GPA and class ranking)*
- Two letters of recommendation
- Proof of nationality
- Confidential financial statement
- Proof of English proficiency
- Proof of Chinese proficiency
- Proof of work experiences (if applicable): It is required for application to the GMBA program.
- Proof of renouncement of nationality of the Republic of China (if applicable)
- Other documents *
- Make sure you are qualified to apply as an international student.
- Check whether the department/institute for which you intend to apply accept international students.
- Fill out the application form online, upload and submit all required documents.
- Check whether you need to submit additional documents for the department/institute to which you intend to apply.
- Prepare all required documents accordingly and upload to our online application system by the specified deadline. Late submission and incomplete application will not be processed.
- Those selecting more than 1 department should list the department in the order that they wish to be admitted. If admitted to more than one department, the University shall release the admission result according to the order listed in the application.
- Regardless of whether the applicant has been admitted or not, all application documents shall not be returned.
- Applicants shall bear responsibility for their application. Failure to submit all required documents by the application deadline shall affect their admission qualification review.
- Obtaining the University’s admission permit does not guarantee a visa to Taiwan. The visa must be issued by Taiwan Ministry of Foreign Affairs Bureau Consular Affairs or foreign embassy in the country.
Important Dates for Application to Entry Spring 2021:
Application Open: Monday, August 10, 2020 (GMT +8)
Deadline for Online Application Form Submission: 12:00 PM Wednesday, September 30, 2020 (GMT +8)
Deadline for Online Application Document Upload (upload PDF files only): 12:00 PM Wednesday, September 30, 2020 (GMT +8)
Announcement of Review Result: Middle of November 2020
Orientation and Courses Begin: Mid February 2021 (exact date to be announced after admission)
For more information, please visit Official Website.